NEW ORIGINAL WORKS FESTIVAL 2020
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 20TH, 2020 by 5pm PT
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
REDCAT is accepting proposals for original performance works to be presented in the 17th Annual New Original Works (NOW) Festival, which is designed to support the development and presentation of contemporary performance in the Southern California region. The three-week interdisciplinary program of dance, theater, music, and multi-disciplinary works will take place at REDCAT in late July and early August 2020. The festival features a flexible schedule to accommodate shared programs of short works and occasionally some longer projects. REDCAT provides development support through technical assistance, access to the theater with its sound and lighting inventory, and an honorarium.
The Festival takes place at REDCAT’s performance space in the Walt Disney Concert Hall complex. Projects are selected through a proposal process, with an emphasis on new projects in development and/or early career artists. The proposals and work samples will be evaluated based on the vitality of the idea proposed, the quality and integrity of the work of the artist/ensemble/collaborators, the appropriateness of the project to a festival of new, contemporary works (and to the festival format), and the artist’s / team's ability to successfully execute the project.
The online application must be submitted by 5pm, FRIDAY, MARCH 20TH, 2020.
1. Download and review the sample application.
2. Prepare your answers on a text document.
3. Complete and submit the online application.
Application Guideline Notes:
- Applicants and/or primary collaborator must be based in the Southern California region for application consideration. (See Proposed Project section for details)
- Only ONE submission per applicant/company will be considered. Please do not propose the same project multiple times under different names.
- Only online work samples will be accepted. In advance of submitting your online application, upload a 3 to 5 minute work sample to an online platform, such as Vimeo, SoundCloud, YouTube, etc. Please provide a link to your online work sample in the section "Application Information II."
Have questions about the New Original Works Festival or the application process?
Call (213) 237-2816 or e-mail
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of CalArts Faculty and Staff.