Woodlands High School Scholarship Fund, Inc. Scholarship Application
Dear Parents/Guardians of Seniors,
We are asking you to encourage your son or daughter to apply for an award being given by The Woodlands High School Scholarship Fund. Awards range from one hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Last year, $30,000 was distributed to 28 graduates.
An applicant’s only qualifications are as follows:
1. The applicant will be a graduating senior at Woodlands High School.
2. The applicant plans to attend an institution of higher learning.
3. The applicant exhibits financial need.
All information provided by the applicant will be held in the strictest confidence. The application will be seen only by members of the Fund and the financial aid information will be seen only by our independent evaluator.
Applying for the award is a very simple procedure:
1. Fill out the application and answer all questions
2. In a separate envelope, enclose a copy of the applicant’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Mark outside of the envelope “WHSSF-FAFSA” and the applicant’s name. Submit to the Guidance Office no later than March 12, 2021. You will not receive an interview nor be considered for an award if FAFSA is not received by the deadline.
That’s it! We recommend you keep copies of the application and FAFSA.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call
Mr. Ira R. Golden
Ira R. Golden and Rita Jones
Woodlands High School Scholarship Fund
P.S. You must give the Awards Committee a copy of proof of acceptance and any award letter from the institution of higher learning the applicant plans to attend by July 16, 2021.