East Lothian Orienteers - Event Registration
Please complete a separate form FOR EACH PARTICIPANT (or pair or group going round together) wishing to enter this event.
Event fees will be at the following rates and payment should be made by bank transfer using the bank details in the information email.
• Seniors: £4 (SOA/BOF-affiliated club members)
• Juniors: £1.50 (SOA/BOF-affiliated club members)
• Non Member supplement: juniors £1, seniors £2
• Extra runners in a group: juniors 50p, seniors £1
Names and contact details will be held by the ELO Covid Officer for 21 days in line with government requirements to enable the efficient operation of NHS Test & Protect.
Participant names will also be held by East Lothian Orienteers as required by British Orienteering under the terms of its public liability insurance for events.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
IMPORTANT: READ FIRST - Covid19
Anyone orienteering using permanent or virtual courses, or taking part in club activities or events, must follow this code of conduct and any additional requirements set out by the organising club to ensure the safety of themselves, other participants, event volunteers and the general public.
Government or local authority guidance takes precedence over this code of conduct. If government / local authority guidance changes at any time, it must be followed with immediate effect, including, if necessary, by stopping any orienteering activity. Personal safety must be the main driver for all decision making.
Personal conduct–Preparing to Attend an Orienteering Activity/Event
• Act as an ambassador for the sport of orienteering at all times.
• DO NOT take part in any form of orienteering
o If you have any COVID-19 symptoms,
o Are required to self-isolate under the current government guidance or been contacted by the NHS and asked to quarantine even if you are not displaying any symptoms.
o If you have returned from any overseas country (except for ROI or one of the exempted countries identified by the government) until you have completed the required self-quarantine period, even if you are symptom-free.
o If you are awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test that isn’t part of any routine testing you may be undertaking unless you are displaying any symptoms.
• Ensure you have read, fully understand and follow any information or instructions provided by a club about the event/activity before you arrive at an orienteering course. These will form part of the club’s risk assessment for the activity and may be as a result of restrictions imposed by landowners, local authorities or the government.
• Observe any restrictions in terms of non-essential travel that maybe in force between different risk alert level areas.
Personal Conduct–At the Orienteering Activity/Event
• Observe social distancing requirements at all times, including–but not only–when travelling to a course, when you arrive, while on the course(including start and finish areas)and when you leave.
• Be patient, courteous and respectful of others. Consider how your actions may appear in the eyes of landowners or members of the public.
• Minimise, as far as possible, contact with others from outside your household before, during and after orienteering and do not congregate in groups.
• Keep your distance from other participants and members of the public including giving way to other participants and members of the public on narrow paths and at gates or stiles.
• Only share transport to an event with other members of your household / support bubble.
• Arrive at an event during the time window that you have been allocated by the organising club.
• Move quickly away from controls after you have punched–do not stand next to a control looking at your map to work out your route to the next control.
• After finishing a course, move away from the finish, allow yourself to recover (e.g. by catching your breath and reducing your rate of perspiration), and then move swiftly through download and to your vehicle.
Most important of all–enjoy the outdoors safely.
Please confirm acceptance of these requirements for participants before entering.
I have read and agree to these requirements
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Atkinson Family.