Manipal Covid Challenge
* Organized by the Kasturba Medical College and the Innovation Center MAHE
All interactions and discussions between students, mentors and advisors will be held via web conferencing.
Problems have been identified by KMC faculty and solutions need to be implementable at KMC Manipal and KMC Mangaluru.
Please go over the document for details about the various Problem statements:
* Interdisciplinary Teams of 3-5 students and faculty;
* At least one KMC Manipal or KMC Mangaluru student or faculty is required on all teams;
* Recommending at least one faculty must be part of each team;
Phase I: Ideation
* Register and submit your YouTube Video presentation link. Deadline: Monday May 18, 2020 to
* Video Presentations will be evaluated on following criteria:
1. Creative Solution
2. Demonstrates a working prototype
3. Specific plan for deploying the product
4. Plans for commercialization
5. Plans for deployment in KMC Manipal and KMC Mangaluru.
Video Duration: 3 minutes; can be a PPT presentation with a voice over; must show working model.
Phase II: Deployment
* Deadline: ~ June, 2020 (To be determined based on MAHE schedule for students);
1. An advanced iteration of product and pilot deployment is done;
2. Preliminary validation is completed;
3. Specific plan for deployment/implementation at KMC Manipal and KMC Mangaluru.
* All costs related to prototyping and development will be reimbursed.
* Additional cash prizes will be provided.
For Phase I: Please submit your YouTube Video presentation link by the Deadline: Friday May 18, 2020
For Phase II: Submit your advanced prototype by the end of July 2020 - To be determined
Share link to this page:
Institution (of Team Leader)
Please select from drop down list, or add Other
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
Kasturba Medical College, Mangaluru
Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal
Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangaluru
Manipal College of Health Professionals
Manipal College of Nursing
Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Manipal Institute of Communications
Manipal Institute of Management
Manipal Institute of Regenerative Medicine
Manipal School of Architecture & Planning
Manipal School of Information Sciences
Manipal School of Life Sciences
Melaka Manipal Medical College
Prasanna School of Public Health
Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration
Department of Atomic & Molecular Physics
Department of European Studies
Department of Commerce
International Center for Applied Sciences
Manipal Center for Natural Sciences
Manipal Centre for Humanities
Manipal Institute of Technology
Team Leader Name
Complete name as will be printed on Participation & Winning Certificates
Team Leader email address
Team Leader Phone Number
Team Members (Name, email, Institution)
Please include all your team members and details as they will appear in the Participation Certificate
Title of Innovative Solution for Covid
Select the Problem Statement you will be addressing
Masks: Washable Masks; Sterilize Used Masks; Biodegradable PPEs and gowns; (See attached Problem Statements)
Tracking Populations: Social distancing; Tracking Quarantines; Protecting the Elderly; (See attached Problem Statements)
Monitoring Patients: Asymptomatic patients; Identifying hotspots; Patients at home; Inpatients in a hospital; (See attached Problem Statements)
Telemedicine: Remote consultations; Training healthcare workers; Assessing patient vitals and symptoms; (See attached Problem Statements)
Protection Healthcare workers: Streamlining patient flow in hospitals; (See attached Problem Statements)
200 words describing your Covid solution
What is the problem you are trying to solve; what is your novel solution; how will you execute your solution
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service