Last Name, First Name
Email (a grade will be sent to the address provided)
1. To give life to and express one's opinions openly without fear or hesitation is called ________________.
2. It is important for a man to ________________ plan his marriage proposal, or the his significant other may feel cheated.
Choose the correct form of the word to complete the sentence.
3. What is the root in the word RESTRICTION?
4. What word fits the following definition taken from
5. If Mr. Spagna gives you a DIRECTIVE, he is giving a command for you to do something, and if you do not comply, there will most likely be consequences. What is the meaning of the root in the word DIRECTIVE?
strange, peculiar, personal
straight, right, rule
6. What word could be used to describe how too many words were used to fill this rectangle?
7. This image plays with the mind. What word could be used to refer to this picture?
8. The word JURISPRUDENCE has a root (JUR) that means LAW. What words below have a root that means the same thing? (Check all that apply.)
9. Each step in this photograph shows the ________________ of the Carysfort Reef.
10. These women felt broken, lesser than the men who voted for issues and leaders that affected everyone, including them. What are these women who fought for change called?
11. Bill Gates sitting on a pirate ship while working on his laptop would be considered a(n) ________________ because he is in the wrong time period.
12. What is the root in the word CARNAGE?
13. The text was REDACTED and then released later that year, making the author a New York Times best seller.
What is the best definition for the word REDACTED?
done or formulated in a particular style or language
published in a volume containing many works by the same author
set to the side for a period of time, to be used again at a later date
to find success after many initial failures
14. What is the meaning of the word EQUABLE as used in this sentence?
to work continuously
strange; not normal
pertaining to drastic change
same; not varying
15. What word is blacked out from this sentence?
16. When I notice that two students have the exact same response for an essay test question and they sit next to each other in class, I can make a(n) _____________ that they cheated.
17. _______________ refers to what a word actually means, and ______________ refers to the additional meanings that a word can carry.
18. Which of the following is not a PARODY?
19. Which of the following would be used by a welder if he were to talk to a class of high school students who were learning to weld, but wouldn't be understood by someone who knew nothing about welding?
20. What is this teacher trying to do?
teach archetypes (look at what's on the board)
teach a class full of idioms
convey information to students
asking rhetorical questions for students to answer one by one
21. What prefix means million?
22. The prefix CENTI means
23. What is someone who is PROCHOICE?
24. Which word means 'many similar units bonded together'?
25. Which prefix means 'other/different'?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service