Dual Language Immersion in a Day
Dual Language Immersion in a Day
January 25th from 8:30am - 12pm at The GLOBE ACADEMY in Dekalb County Georgia. Upper Campus (4105 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta, GA 30345)
Time: 8:30am - 12pm.
Presented by Georgia Department of Education and The GLOBE ACADEMY
Call for Proposals
Deadline for Submissions: Friday, January 3rd, 2020.
The Georgia Department of Education, World Languages is soliciting proposals for the upcoming Dual Language Immersion in a Day workshop at The GLOBE ACADEMY in Dekalb County Georgia.. This is an opportunity to share effective models, practices, research and information to provide your colleagues with insights that address the many needs of Dual Language Immersion. Please consider leading a session! Submission deadline is Friday, January 3, 2020.
This DLI in a Day is designed to give DLI teachers, English partner teachers and administrators an opportunity to reconnect with others across Georgia and share best practices. The event will have an brief opening session and then a 1/2 day of sessions with teachers sharing with fellow teachers. Networking time will also be built into the schedule over breakfast. We are looking for workshops that are specifically targeting ONE of these audiences.
Dual Language Immersion Teachers & English Partner Teachers – Classroom management techniques, routines, communicating with parents, scaffolding Language for Content and materials, collaborating with the English Partner Teacher and/or: effective collaboration between DLI teacher and parapro, collaborative projects, thematic learning, developing social and academic language, oral and written production. Sharing best practices in mirroring classrooms, coordinating activities, scaffolding and pacing, collaborative projects
Administrators – Recruitment, collaboration and planning, struggling students, difficult conversations with parents
Higher Education – Hands-on teacher education initiatives, Dual Language Immersion Endorsement Programs, connections between schools and academia, lessons learned from former teachers, supporting and educating new DLI teachers and programs.
Guidelines for Proposals
1. Do not list individuals as secondary presenters unless you have a definite commitment that they will present.
2. Do not submit a proposal unless you can present your session any time during the day. Sessions will be scheduled from 9:00 to 12:00pm.
3. We cannot pay an honorarium or expenses for anyone presenting at the conference.
4. Please bring your audio/video equipment for your presentation. (A computer and projector will be provided in each session room)
Completing the Proposal Application Form
1. Be sure that your session title clearly describes exactly what the session is about and is no more than 10 words. Avoid abbreviations and acronyms that don't clearly explain the session's content. We reserve the right to edit session titles.
2. Limit your description to 75 words. We reserve the right to edit session descriptions. Describe specific presentation techniques that you will be using—such as interactive, lecture, or multimedia—so that participants will know what kind of session they will be attending. Describe what you will be doing in the session and what the participants can expect to leave with.
3. Presenters are responsible for their own handouts.
If you wish to share your presentation or any other materials, submit those PDF documents via
by Thursday, August 30th.
Submissions must be received no later than Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019.
Selected presenters may be asked to present their session two times during the day. (if you are agreeable to this, please indicate this in the form)
By Monday, Jan 6th, we will notify the primary presenter about whether or not the proposal was accepted.
If you have questions contact us at 404-651-8373 or at
Primary Presenter Last Name
Secondary Presenter (if applicable)
Primary Presenter Phone Number (Work)
Primary Presenter Phone Number (Cell)
Primary Presenter Organization and Address
Presentation Time Preference (Check all that apply)
9:00 - 9:50
10:00 - 10:50
11:00 - 11:50
Would you be willing to present twice?
Audience (Check all that apply)
Dual language Immersion Teachers
English Partner Teachers
Title of Presentation
Brief Description of Presentation (Max 75 words)
Brief Bio (Less than 50 words)
l understand that if my proposal is accepted, GaDOE is authorized to use pictures and video clips of the workshop presenters as well as excerpts from the presentation.
I understand the above term and assure that all the information in this proposal is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
I give permission for my name and addresses to be shared with workshop vendors/sponsors and printed in the workshop program.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service