Integrated Skills Program 2
First name (Example: Rachen)
Last name (Example: Komalanakul)
School ID number (Example: 123456)
L2T2H - Building conversations
In this lesson, you're going to practise asking and answering conversation questions about places you like.
Task One: Let's do a quiz with some words to help us talk about today's topic. Choose the best word or words to complete each sentence.
1. New York, Bangkok and Seoul are _____ .
2. A place where people live, with is usually bigger than a village, is called a _____ .
3. Most farms are in _____ areas.
4. You can have a lot of _____ in the mall. There’s a cinema, a video arcade and a bowling alley.
5. If something is _____ , it is surprising and interesting.
6. Tourists like coming to Thailand to see the _____ beaches and interesting places.
7. I usually stay at home and _____ out on Sunday evenings.
8. To _____ a person or place means to go and see them.
Task Two: Watch the video and practise answering the questions.
Task Three: Choose the right words to complete the five questions.
1. Where do _____ go when you want to have fun?
Answer: I go to the mall.
2. Where do you like to go _____ your friends? Why?
Answer: We like to go to the beach because we can relax there.
3. Do you _____ big cities, towns, or rural areas? Why?
Answer: I prefer rural areas because I like nature.
4. What’s the _____ beautiful place you have visited?
Answer: I once went to Chiang Rai. It was really beautiful.
5. _____ famous place in Thailand would you most like to visit?
Answer: I think I’d like to visit Krabi most of all.
Task Four: Sam is asking Jennifer some questions about places. Choose the best answers for Jennifer.
1. Where do you go when you want to chill out?
I go to the park.
I chill out at weekends.
I never chill out during the week.
2. Where do you like to go with your family? Why?
I often to with my parents and my sister.
We live in a small house near the centre of the city.
We like to go to the beach because we love the sea.
3. Do you prefer visiting new places or places that you already know? Why?
I'd prefer to go there with my friends from school.
I know a lot of good places to visit near here.
I prefer visiting new places because I like seeing new things.
4. What’s the most amazing place you have been to?
I watch a lot of movies in my free time.
I went to Hong Kong once.
My uncle goes to Australia every year. He loves it there.
5. Which famous place outside Thailand would you most like to visit?
I think I’d really like to visit Paris in France.
I went to Vietnam on a school trip.
I think it's because we can learn about new cultures.
Task Five: Watch the video and answer the questions with your own ideas.
Click the link below to see a pdf of this lesson.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Sineeducation.