SEE NO ENEMY ~ HEAR WHAT MATTERS Practicing Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
*FILLING OUT THIS FORM IS NOT A COMMITMENT TO ATTEND
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SEE NO ENEMY ~ HEAR WHAT MATTERS are on-line, by-donation, drop-in Nonviolent Communication practice sessions. During each call we explore core principles in real time and gain practical skill to take back into our daily lives. We do this by utilizing various activities that support us in listening for the deeper needs of ourselves and others which ultimately supports us in transforming our judgments, building our capacity for compassion and increasing our skills to make peace.
COME TO LEARN ~ COME TO LISTEN ~ COME TO BE HEARD.
WHO THESE EVENTS ARE FOR:
All are welcome, basic understanding of NVC principles and communication model is requested but not required. Please see suggested intro videos below if you are new to NVC or if you would like a refresher.
HOW/WHERE WE GATHER:
All calls are held over Zoom.
Once you register (via this form) you will be on our email list and will receive an email a few days ahead of the call. The email will include the Zoom link for the call, along with any other pertinent details.
STARTING SEPTEMBER 2023, WE WILL BE MEETING every 2nd & 4th TUESDAY of the month, 7:30-9:00pm EST
(instead of on Wednesdays as has been the schedule for over a year).
The 2nd Tuesday sessions will be facilitated by one of our three co-facilitators during which we will offer a variety of activities and exercises
The 4th Tuesday sessions will be more gently held in terms of facilitation and will offer an opportunity for traditional empathy practice (feelings & needs guesses) in dyads or triads.
Katherine Betts, Barbara Bash & Andy Dillion (
DONATIONS - much appreciated:
Venmo: @katherine-betts-0 OR Paypal:
Looking forward to gathering with you!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
NVC INTRO VIDEOS TO GET YOU STARTED:
1. 3 min: Brene Brown on Empathy:
2. 5 min: Animated Summary of NVC by BigIdeasGrowingMinds:
3. 5 min: 4 Steps of NVC by Cup of Empathy:
4. 10 min: A Brief Introduction w/ Marshall Rosenberg Phd (founder of NVC):
5. 12 min: Intro to NVC by Yoram Mosenzon:
6. 21 min: How to Express Anger Compassionately w/Marshall Rosenberg Phd:
7. 30 min: NVC Intro with Certified Trainer Dr. Roxy Manning:
8. 58 min: Intro to NVC, An Interview w/ Dr. Roxy Manning & Action For Happiness:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
* Indicates required question
What previous NVC experience do you have? (Some required - see note above)
Where did you hear about this group?
Good Work Institute (newsletter / website / Mighty Networks / Facebook etc.)
HudsonValleyNVC.org (website / newsletter)
Email from event facilitator
Word of Mouth / Info forwarded directly from family or friend
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service