Thank you for your interest in receiving financial aid from the Community Music School of Springfield. We are dedicated to providing you an equitable and inclusive center of excellence in music and arts education. CMSS offers financial aid to students in grades K-12 who are 18 years of age and under. Financial aid recipients may receive funding for one year of lessons (August 2019 - June 2020). Notification of awards will be emailed to you; awards are stated as specific dollar amounts and are valid for the full academic year. Families with more than one child may receive financial aid funding for up to two children.
You may fill out this Financial Aid Application before registering for lessons or classes. Registration for fall 2019 will be open in early April.
In order to fill out this form, you will need to reference your 2018 Federal Tax Return (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ).
If you did not file a Federal Income Tax Return, you can still fill out this form. Please call our office for a Confidential Financial Statement form (413) 732-8428.
After completing this online form you will need to submit the following documents by the deadline of April 30, 2019 in order to have a complete application and be eligible for consideration for financial aid:
1) Federal Tax Return (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ).
Tax documents may be scanned/emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to or dropped off at CMSS (127 State Street, Springfield MA 01103). BLACK OUT SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER BEFORE SUBMITTING.
2) Two Financial Aid Reference Forms on behalf of the student from a non-relative.
Reference forms may be completed online. If you would like to send a link to the two people who will fill out the Financial Aid Reference Form, copy and paste this into an email to those people:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQJ3PodPwfFZ9vSWCeda9sOXoFYtkWWYRC_MdrvPgQhFwWcw/viewform
Or, reference forms may be scanned/emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to or dropped off at CMSS (127 State Street, Springfield MA 01103). If you would like to hand deliver the Financial Aid Reference Form to the people who will fill out the reference form, click this link to download and print the form:http://communitymusicschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/CONFIDENTIAL-REFERENCE-STATEMENT.pdf
Important Information for all Applicants:
1) Funds are limited and applying for financial aid does not guarantee that it will be awarded. A complete application form and all supplemental documentation (tax form and two letters of reference) are necessary to be eligible for consideration.
2) Because funding is limited, priority for financial aid is given to current CMSS students who submit their financial aid application before the returning family priority deadline (February 28). Financial aid for new students, if available, will be granted to qualifying families who complete their application by the general application deadline (April 30).
3) Those students who have made less than satisfactory progress according to teacher evaluation, not registered on time, not submitted their financial aid application on time, and/or not paid any owed balance by prescribed deadlines may be placed on probation or denied financial aid funding outright. Funding for subsequent semesters during the year will be contingent upon the student’s ability to meet CMSS standards of good attendance, progress and practice, adherence to CMSS policies and procedures, and availability of funds.
If financial aid is granted, the applicant must accept the financial aid award via an online form (link will be emailed with the award letter), complete the CMSS registration process online, and make a deposit in order to fully register and accept the financial aid award.
**YOU CANNOT SAVE YOUR PROGRESS, OR LOG BACK IN, TO COMPLETE OR EDIT THE APPLICATION ONCE IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FORM ONCE YOU BEGIN IT. **
After submitting this form, you will be emailed a copy of your responses and this text so that you can utilize/re-read the details in this form.