*This application is for anyone who wants to receive a graywater parts kit. The questions below will help to determine if a Laundry-to-Landscape system is for you. *
Daily Acts, in partnership with the Town of Windsor, is looking for qualifying homes to share a limited number of laundry-to-landscape graywater kits. This resource is available for all Windsor residents and Windsor water customers. If you are a renter, please get approval from the homeowner to install a laundry-to-landscape graywater system, and reach out if you need support for how to discuss this installation with a homeowner. This installation does not require a permit!
Qualifying homes will be eligible for a FREE graywater parts kit courtesy of the Town of Windsor ($150 value). Any additional parts costs (typically ranging from $50-100) will be the responsibility of the homeowner.
Please review the following information and then complete the questionnaire below.
To be considered for a free parts kit, you must agree to the following:
1. Allow Daily Acts or Town of Windsor Staff to visit your home to determine feasibility of a Laundry-to-
2. To install a Laundry-to-Landscape system within 4 months of receiving a parts kit, return the kit intact, or
be willing to pay for the kit with a $150 donation to Daily Acts after 4 months.
3. Confirm that you are a Town of Windsor water customer.
4. Follow the California plumbing code and abide by regulations and setbacks for graywater. Click here for
more information: https://greywateraction.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Chapter-15-CA-Plumbing-Code-2016.pdf
5. Allow Town of Windsor or Daily Acts staff to visit your site and confirm that your installation is complete.
6. Communicate with Town of Windsor or Daily Acts if you need support for your installation.
The intention for folks who receive a parts kit is that they will install the system on their own. Daily Acts has online resources available free-of-charge as well as "office hours" available to answer questions.
This simple system is best for watering the following plant types.
Trees – especially fruit trees
Shrubs & Bushes
Non water-sensitive food crops
(graywater cannot touch the edible portion)
Drip irrigation is not ideal, as it requires a pump/filter
Small or potted plants
PH Sensitive plants
Very low-water-use plants