GOTM Math Grade 8 Placement
Please complete this form if you plan to enroll in our Math Grade 8 group classes.
1. Calculate 3189^2-3188^2
65% of the flight time, an airplane is at an altitude that exceeds 10,000 meters. 40% of the remaining flight time it is at an altitude below 10,000 meters. How much percent of the total flight time does it fly above 10,000 meters?
2. Terry and Yannick are working on an electoral campaign. Terry covers 36 houses door-to-door in 4 hours. Yannick covers 40 houses in 5 hours. How many hours does it take them to cover 34 houses if they work independently?
3. If we add the reciprocal of x to the reciprocal of 18, the result is the reciprocal of 17. Find x.
4. A sequence starts with the numbers: 4, 7, 10, 13, ... and continues according to the same pattern. Which is the next smallest number in the sequence that ends with a digit of 0?
5. A line has slope -3 and intersects a line with slope 2 at point (4, 4). What is the distance between the y-intercepts of the two lines?
6. The line y=2x-5 is reflected across the line y=4 . The reflected line is reflected again across the line y=2. The line obtained last and the original line:
bisect each other
have reciprocal slopes
7. A circle with diameter 8 in is tangent to a circle with diameter 12 in. How far apart can their centers be? (Check all that apply.)
8. The mean of 6 positive whole numbers is 8. Their median is 10. The mode of the set is 12. What is the largest number of values of 12 in the set?
9. If a-b=b-3=9, find the value of a.
10. If line D is perpendicular to the line y=-4x+3 and line L is perpendicular to line D, the slope of line L is:
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Goods-of-the-mind.com.