QUIZOPHILE: Week 5
Topic- Indian Freedom Struggle (Part 1)
An Online Weekly quiz prepared and presented by Alitheian Circle
1.Which present day educational institution was formerly a detention camp during the British rule known by the name Hijli Detention camp?
Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
2. The name of this place means “Forest of Magnolia trees”. The first Satyagraha movement led by Gandhi in India was started here. Which place?
3. This Indian Freedom Fighter from Assam formed two organizations called “Shanti Bahini” and “Mrityu Bahini” in 1942 along with Jyotiprasad Agarwalla and some other notable freedom fighters with an aim to train and prepare the assamese youth for the freedom movement. Kanaklata Barua, the young freedom fighter who was shot dead by the British officials was a colleague of this freedom fighter in the Mrityu bahini. Who is this famous Gandhian who was also nominated to Rajya Sabha in 1951?
4. This colonial prison in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands is also known as Kala Pani. With seven wings, the building was designed such that it allows the prisoners to be observed by a lesser number of guards than an ordinary prison. Which prison?
The Cellular Jail
Cells of Viper Islands
5. Born as ____ Swaminathan this famous Indian revolutionary cum doctor was also the Minister of Women’s Affair when Subhas Chandra Bose created the Azad Hind Government in 1943. She led the Rani of Jhansi Regiment of the Indian National Army which was one of the very few all-female combat regiments of the Second World War on any side. In 2002 she was the sole opponent to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam for the elections for the President of India. Which famous freedom fighter we are talking about?
Captain Lakshmi Sahgal
Mary Poonen Lukose
6. X is a compilation of nationalist and socialist literature that was produced in the early stages of Ghadar Movement,an early 20th century international political movement to overthrow British Rule in India.Published by the Hindustan Ghadar press in the Ghadar weekly from San Fransico. X consisted Poems and Songs in Gurumukhi & Shahmukhi(languages) addressing political situation in India. X is
Ghadar di Gunj
Ghadar e Aazad
7. On 8 April,1829 Bhagat Singh accompanied by Z threw two bombs into the assembly chamber of the Central Legislative assembly in Delhi. They showered leaflets from the gallery on legislators below and shouted slogans and allowed their arrest. Name Z
Jatindra Nath Das
8. Y was a Senior leader of Indian National Congress and a liberal political leader of the Indian Independence Movement. In Gandhi’s autobiography he calls Y as his mentor and guide. Often referred to as the political guru of Gandhi and founder of Servants of India Society, Y is
A O Hume
Gopal Krishna Gokhale
9. X is a slogan coined by the Urdu poet ,Indian freedom fighter and an Indian National Congress Leader Maulana Hasrat Mohani in 1921, which was popularized by Bhagat Singh and was also the official slogan of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association and All India Azad Muslim Conferenece. X which echoes even today is
Karo ya Maro
10. Y was the commander of Manipuri Army and one who masterminded the Palace Revolution against the British which caused the Anglo- Manipur War of 1891 or Manipur Expedition. Y who was captured and hanged publicly by the British during the Manipur Expedition was
Bir Tikendrajit Singh
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service