The following APPLICATION CANNOT BE SAVED; therefore, review the entire form and make sure you have enough time to fill it out.
There are a few things to know before starting:
- Always say TEDx; never TED when referring to your talk or TEDxWilmington.
- Your talk must be 18 minutes or less.
- Your "Idea Worth Spreading" must be your own and may not address political/religious agendas or directly promote a company, business, or product.
- You will be required to sign a video release form for TED so that your talk may be recorded and uploaded online.
- In this application, you will be required to submit a short video (1-2 minutes), so please be prepared to do so.
- This is a rigorous process and includes many deadlines along the way. Please read the disclosure at the end of this application for more details about the materials due.
Before starting your application, you must verify that your idea is within TEDx Content Guidelines. To do this, please review the following link from TED:
1. This video should be between 1 and 2 minutes long, but NO LONGER than 2 minutes. DO NOT use more than 2 minutes, or your application will be disqualified.
2. It SHOULD BE filmed for the sole purpose of briefly and concisely summarizing your message to TEDxWilmington and give our "Speaker Curating Committee" a snapshot of how you come across, in person, with your Idea Worth Spreading. Be specific as possible.
3. Make sure you have energy and passion in your tone of voice, body language, and words.
4. This video should compliment the written portion of your application and give us more specifications of your idea. Do not repeat what you have already said in the written portion.
5. This SHOULD NOT be a reused video from any other previous media appearances. Feel free to film from a computer or smartphone since the video does not need to be fancy.
6. Use either Youtube or Vimeo for your video and make sure it is not set as "Private." Make it "unlisted".
7. Label your video as: "Your Name - TEDxWilm2018", (example: "Sarah Smith - TEDxWilm2018") and paste the link below.
Keep in mind that we receive hundreds of applications so TAKE THE TIME TO PLAN exactly what you are going to say.
Please note that there is no compensation paid to any speaker giving a TEDx talk. Travel & Accommodation costs are also the sole responsibility of the speaker.
When invited to speak, you will have to sign an agreement that holds you responsible for the electronic delivery, according to a given timeline, of many materials regarding your talk including, but not limited to:
- A Professional Headshot Photo- A Biography (and an additional shorter version for program guides)- An Outline of your talk- 3 blogs about the process (~300 words each)- 2 Video drafts- 2 Powerpoint Drafts (optional)
Please do not apply if you feel that you will not be able to meet given deadlines with these deliverables.
Please direct any questions or concerns about this nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org