There are a few things to know before starting:
- Your talk must be 18 minutes or less.
- Your "Idea Worth Spreading" must be your own and may not address political/religious agendas or directly promote a company, business, or product.
- You will be required to sign a video release form for TED so that your talk may be recorded and uploaded online.
- In this application, you will be required to submit a short video (1-2 minutes), so please be prepared to do so.
- This is a rigorous process and includes many deadlines along the way. Please read the disclosure at the end of this application for more details about the materials due.
For additional information on the TEDx Content Guidelines, please visit the following link from TED:
- This short video should be between 1 and 2 minutes long, but no longer than 2 minutes.
- It should be filmed for the sole purpose of briefly and concisely summarizing your message to TEDxWilmington and give our "Speaker Curating Committee" a snapshot of how you come across, in person, with your Idea Worth Spreading.
- Please use only Youtube or Vimeo for your video and make sure it is not set as "Private." (It can be "unlisted") - This should not be a professional video and should not be a reused video from any other previous media appearences. Please record a NEW, 1 to 2 minute video of yourself either describing your presentation or giving a short sample of what your presentation might be like. Nothing fancy. You may film from a computer or smartphone, but you must upload this video to YouTube or Vimeo and paste the link below.
- Please label your video as: "Your Name - TEDxWilm2018", (example: "Sarah Smith - TEDxWilm2018") and paste the link below. Please DO NOT make your video private or password protected ("unlisted" is ok) and DO NOT use more than 2 minutes, or your application will be disqualified.
Please note that there is no compensation paid to any speaker giving a TEDx talk. Travel & Accommodation costs are also the sole responsibility of the speaker.
When invited to speak, you will have to sign an agreement that holds you responsible for the electronic delivery, according to a given timeline, of many materials regarding your talk including, but not limited to:
- A Professional Headshot Photo- A Biography (and an additional shorter version for program guides)- An Outline of your talk- 3 blogs about the process (~300 words each)- 2 Video drafts- 2 Powerpoint Drafts (optional)
Please do not apply if you feel that you will not be able to meet given deadlines with these deliverables.
Please direct any questions or concerns about this nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org