Educators in VR seeks speakers, teachers, researchers, trainers, experts, evangelists, developers and founders of educational VR apps, programs, and virtual labs to present on immersive education, integrating VR/AR/MR/XR into education.
Educators in VR is an open, global, cross-platform community of more than 4,000 educators, learners, researchers, teachers, and trainers exploring and collaborating with and in virtual and augmented reality. EDVR produces over 800 VR events annually across ENGAGE XR and other VR platforms. The majority of these are free and open to the public.
Educators in VR members welcome topics covering immersive educational experiences, language arts, corporate use, medicine and science, aerospace, XR research, instructional design, library science, and other industries using spatial technology in education. Things You Need to Know
1. All free workshops and educational events are open to the public. Audience ranges from 12 to 100 attendees.
2. Workshops typically range from 30-60 minutes. Presentation time is usually 20-30 minutes to allow plenty of time for interactive Q&A.
3. You may submit more than one presentation or workshop.
4. Experience presenting in virtual reality recommended but not required. All accepted speakers will attend one or more rehearsal training sessions prior to the summit.
5. Events are usually hosted in ENGAGE XR, but may be held in other social and educational virtual reality platforms. Access to these requires registration for each platform, sharing your username for presentation privileges, and installation of the software and apps.
7. Presentations maybe presented in VR or 2D Desktop with a quality gaming headphone. Presentations maybe presented in 2D with quality gaming headphone and microphone or 3D HMD.
8. While slides and videos are welcome, we encourage our speakers to move into the experiential experience of VR rather than depend upon traditional teaching methods. Slide templates provided upon request as slides must comply with web and VR standards.
8. Information collected in this form will be used by Educators in VR for speaker selection and logistics and not be used other than communication associated with Educators in VR educational events, workshops, and conferences.
If you have questions or need help with the application, please contact us through our website, http://educatorsinvr.com
, Discord http://discord.me/educatorsinvr
, or Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/educatorsinvr/