Per Clinton City Schools Board Policy 4150, before notice is given of assignment for the following school year, parents or guardians may request assignment to a school outside of their regular attendance area. Such a request must be submitted in writing to the Superintendent by June 1. The Superintendent shall consider and make a determination based upon the best interest of the child, the orderly and efficient administration of the public schools, the proper administration of the school to which assignment is requested, and the instruction, health, and safety of the pupils there enrolled. A decision will be made and the parent notified by June 30. If the parent is dissatisfied with the superintendent’s response, the parent may request the board to reassign the student.
NOTICE TO PARENTS:
1. The Clinton City Board of Education recognizes the transferring of students could create enrollment overloads or other situations in the future. If this does occur, the Board may disallow future transfers across attendance lines.
2. The school system is not obligated to provide transportation for transfer students.
3. Requests are valid only for the school year noted above.
4. Any one of the following may cause this request to be denied: enrollment overload, poor attendance or excessive tardiness, poor academic progress, or history of behavior problems.
5. Transfer students must maintain satisfactory attendance, behavior, and grades as judged by the school principal. Failure to maintain these expectations may result in the termination of the approved transfer and the immediate reassignment of the student.
6. When transferring from out of county, please contact the Board of Education in your county to receive a signed release from the Superintendent's office. The release must be forwarded to the Superintendent's office prior to approval or denial.