2021-2022 School of Choice Application for SANTA SUSANA HIGH SCHOOL
Enrollment pending availability of space.
This application is for students entering grades 9-12 who wish to attend Santa Susana High School and have an expressed interest in our accelerated academic, technical, visual, or performing arts programs. Students already attending Santa Susana High School do not need to complete this form to return for the following school year.
1. COMPLETE ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE 4:00 P.M. ON FEBRUARY 28, 2021 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR OPENINGS.
2. Should we receive more applications than there are spaces available, a lottery will be conducted to determine acceptance. If your student is preliminarily selected for Santa Susana High School, you will be notified on or before March 15, 2021.
3. Priority for Santa Susana High School is given to those who have or who will have a sibling in attendance at Santa Susana High School during the 2021-2022 school year. For students from Hillside Middle School who believe they are eligible for priority acceptance, please speak with your counselor at Hillside Middle School.
4. Once a parent accepts placement at Santa Susana High School, it is expected that the student will commit to a full year at Santa Susana High School.
5. If you are not selected in February, your application will be kept on file for possible enrollment at a future date as space becomes available. Applications will expire at the end of the first semester (December 2021).
6. Students who are not selected in the February lottery will receive notification. If the student is still interested, our postcard must be returned to the school by the designated date or the student's application will be removed. If a parent is later called for an available space, he/she has 48 hours to respond. If he/she declines the space or does not respond within 48 hours, the student's application will be removed. If interested at a later date, the student must reapply.
7. It is the District's policy to provide a free and appropriate public education to all students with disabilities in conformance with the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title 11 of the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990. The District does not discriminate on the basis of disability with respect to or participation in the programs at Santa Susana High School. To ensure compliance with this law, a copy of the current 504 Accommodation Plan or IEP shall be provided to the School Counselor at registration.
8. For out-of-district applicants (for students residing outside of the City of Simi Valley), an inter-district permit from the district of residence will be required at the March registration night. Therefore, parents should apply for this permit upon acceptance to Santa Susana High School. Out-of-district students may expect to continue attendance at Santa Susana High School unless the student does not meet published expectations for grades, attendance, or discipline.
9. It is the parents' responsibility to update the school and application information with changes to address, home phone, enrollment, or required education services and programming, directly to the Registrar at Santa Susana High School prior to registration OR to the School Counselor after registration.
10. Failure to provide accurate information on the application may result in revocation of the original application and/or enrollment. The student will need to reapply with accurate information should he/she still wish to attend Santa Susana High School.
11. If a transfer from Santa Susana High School is requested at any time to another Simi Valley Unified School District school, this request must be put in writing and submitted to the principal of Santa Susana High School and to the school where he/she wishes to enroll. The request must include a reason for transfer consistent with the academic and/or co-curricular goals of the student. The principals of the two schools will render a decision based upon the best academic interest of the student. The parent may appeal the decision to the Director of Secondary Education.
12. Parents who send their student to Santa Susana High School make a firm commitment to supporting academic excellence. Therefore, you agree to abide by the rules and regulations established for Santa Susana High School. Your electronic signature indicates your commitment to your student, school, and your student's programs while he/she is enrolled.
13. Please note that Santa Susana High School does not offer an athletics program.
14. For current Simi Valley Unified students, if you are selected to attend Santa Susana High School in the Fall, you will be pre-enrolled at our school to support the course selection process.
Confirm Parent Email Address
Student's Legal First Name
Student's Preferred First Name
Student Last Name
SVUSD ID Number
Grade Level (in August 2021)
School Presently Attending
Hillside Middle School
Sinaloa Middle School
Valley View Middle School
Royal High School
Simi Valley High School
Home High School
Royal High School
Simi Valley High School
Out of District
Parent/Guardian First Name
Parent/Guardian Last Name
Best Daytime Phone Number
Please Choose An Area Of Emphasis/ Major
Students are never locked into an area of emphasis. During the registration process students will be able to choose a different area of emphasis. We also expect that as students learn more about themselves and have more experiences, their choice may change. This question is intended to help SSHS know more about our prospective students at the time of this application.
Digital Broadcasting (TV, Radio, Podcasting, etc.)
Digital Graphics & Publication
Humanities (English, Social Studies)
Production and Managerial Arts (Stagecraft)
Robotics and Engineering
Studio Art (Visual Art)
World Languages and Cultures
Please check the program(s) in which your student is currently enrolled
Because we are committed to working with families to ensure that our students have access to the appropriate resources needed for success, an inaccurate or incomplete response may delay and/or void your application.
Special Education (has IEP)
ELD (English Language Learner)
Honors/ Gifted/ Accelerated Classes
None of the Above
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Simi Valley Unified School District.