Tacoma Housing Now Petition
Tacoma Housing Now and community allies make the following demands of Tacoma City Council. Add your name to show your support! Your name will also be added to our website as an endorser of Tacoma Housing Now. Thank you!
1) The City of Tacoma must work with Tacoma Public Schools to put the Gault Middle School building and property into a permanent, community-controlled Community Land Trust. Put as many vacant, city-owned properties into the Trust as are necessary to house Tacoma’s entire houseless population.
2) Stop the sweeps. The city must sanction encampments in spaces that we choose. The city must provide the encampments with basic sanitation services.
3) Fire the police who killed Manuel Ellis, reduce funding for the Tacoma Police Department by 50%, and use that money for extremely low-income housing and social services.
4) End the tax breaks for real estate developers.
5) Stop spending money on bandaids and spend it on full-size, permanent housing instead.
6) For too long the City Manager position has been used as an excuse to stall progressive change in Tacoma. Remove the City Manager position and return power to elected City Council members.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Do you want to be added to our texting service for updates?
Do you belong to a union?
Which union and local?
Do you live in the neighborhood of Home?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service