Work / Energy Relationship
1. A person does 100 J of work in pulling back the string of a bow. What will be the initial speed of a 0.5 kg arrow when it is fired from the bow ?
2. The work done in raising an object must result in an increase in the object’s
3. A crate is pulled 6.0 m up an incline with a force of 50 N. If the PE of the crate increases 250 J, the total work done against friction in moving the box is
4. The work done on a 10.0 kg mass to give it a speed of 5.00 m/s is
5. A 2 kg object is thrown vertically upward with an initial KE of 400 J. The object will rise to a height of approximately
6. A bullet fired from a rifle emerges with a KE of 2400 J. Neglecting friction, if the barrel of the rifle is 0.50 m long, the average force on the bullet in the barrel is approximately
7. If an object weighing 1.00 N falls a vertical distance of 4.00 m, the object’s loss in gravitational PE is
8. A basketball player who weighs 600 N jumps 0.5 m vertically off the floor. What is her kinetic energy just before hitting the floor?
9. A 2.0 kg mass falls freely for 10. m near the surface of the Earth. The total KE gained by the object during its free-fall is approximately
10. The work done in compressing a spring must result in an increase in the object’s
Page 1 of 1
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service