ON KILLING A TREE by Gieve Patel : Quiz No 1
Put your name and address before choosing the correct answers of the following questions:
1. The poem is written in
2. The word 'crust' means
3. "And out of its leprous hide." -- Here the phrase 'leprous hide' suggests that the tree is
4. 'The bleeding bark will heal." -- Here the phrase 'bleeding bark' is an example of
5. "Out of the anchoring earth' -- Here the phrase 'anchoring earth' is an example of
6. In order to kill a tree completely, it is to be
7. The most sensitive part of the tree is its
8. "And then it is done." -- Here 'it' refers to
planting of a tree
fencing of a tree
killing of a tree
growing of a tree.
9. The final line of the poem brings a
sense of pathos
sense of joy
sense of humour
sense of wonder.
10. In this poem the killing of a tree is described as
a woodcutter's job
a deliberate act
an innocent act
a healthy exercise.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service