Conference & Workshop Proposals for CRADLE OF CREATIVITY 2019
ASSITEJ South Africa invites you to submit proposals for the conference and professional development programme at Cradle of Creativity, Baxter Theatre, Cape Town, South Africa, 20-25 August 2019.
We will be presenting a range of workshops, seminars, informal conversations and formal research symposia with national and international artists and researchers. These events will be open to all delegates, providing opportunities for local, national and international artists and experts to connect and share.
The following areas will be explored:
• Child Participation in Theatre for Young Audiences - the child as dramaturg, the child as creative collaborator, and theatre mediation for children and young people
• Dance Theatre for Young Audiences - approaches to engaging children and young people with the multiple languages of dance and physicality, and their potential to cross the narrow linguistic borders that can separate us
• Theatre for Young Audiences in Africa - sharing the diversity of approaches from across the continent
• Indigenous languages in Theatre for Young Audiences - exploring the role of indigenous languages in theatre for young audiences, being "at the heart of each person’s unique identity, cultural history and memory", as described by the UN in relation to their announcement of 2019 as the International Year of Indigenous Languages.
• Inclusive theatre - focusing on new approaches to ensuring access for all children and young people to theatre
• Eco-theatre - exploring how theatre can empower children and young people to effective action to support the future of our planet
• Early years theatre - considering the aesthetics of theatre for the very young
• Contemporary themes in Theatre for Young Audiences - addressing the taboos, barriers and boundaries that exist and how these may be confronted through innovative theatre
Call for proposals for research papers, discussions, workshops for either the research conference and/or the focus days.
Deadline for proposals: 17 June 2019
Please complete the Application form below, and also register as a delegate for the event.
Unfortunately, ASSITEJ SA is not able to pay the costs of participation in the Cradle of Creativity for presenters. However, we will assist your fundraising with invitation letters and letters of support should these be helpful.
You will receive a confirmation of submission. Delegate payments and bookings of festival productions will be done through the Webtickets link which will be provided in due course.
University / Organisation / Company
Address Line 1
City / Town
Designation (Researcher/Student/ Artist/Teacher/Producer/Director etc.)
Mobile Phone Number
Type of presentation offered
Workshop (2-3 hours)
Paper presentation (20 minutes)
Panel discussion (2 hours, facilitated discussion with group of 4-6 experts)
If your answer above was "Other", please describe your offering below.
Please check which theme you will present on:
Child Participation in Theatre for Young Audiences - the child as dramaturg
Child Participation in Theatre for Young Audiences - the child as creative collaborator
Child Participation in Theatre for Young Audiences - theatre mediation for children
Dance Theatre for Young Audiences
Inclusive Theatre for Young Audiences
Eco-theatre for Young Audiences
Theatre for Young Audiences in Africa
Indigenous Languages in Theatre for Young Audiences
Early Years Theatre - aesthetics of theatre for the very young (aged 0-6)
Contemporary themes in Theatre for Young Audiences
Describe your presentation/workshop here. What will you be exploring and how?
If you are doing a workshop, go to Section 2; otherwise, leave Section 2 blank, and go on directly to Section 3.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Assitej South Africa.