FM@C Vendor Coordinator 2020
This position is for the 2020 calendar year (this Spring and upcoming Fall)
Please submit this application by Friday March 13th at 11:59 PM.
Our mission is to organize and plan a weekly farmers' market on Cornell's campus that allows for students, faculty, staff and the local community to come together to purchase and enjoy local goods and products. The Farmers' Market at Cornell is working to bridge the Ithaca community and Cornell, while building a greater appreciation for food that is fresh and locally sourced.
The market takes place every Thursday from 11AM-2PM beginning in the second week of April 2020.
We believe serving on the Farmers' Market at Cornell executive board is a unique opportunity to become part of this critical effort to connect our campus community with Ithaca area producers.
The Vendor Coordinators (2) work jointly to manage outreach and logistics for the Market’s vendors. The coordinators must work as a seamless team, sharing responsibilities equitably and efficiently; as the market cannot happen without vendors, this work is absolutely critical to ensuring a smooth and successful season. Moreover, their work is ongoing: the winter months are critical recruitment time for the Spring market, and summertime is critical to the Fall season.
The Vendor Coordinators should be prepared to devote 2-3 hours per week to their responsibilities, and attendance at weekly E-Board meetings. Additionally, should be available to volunteer at least one hour every Thursday at the market between 10.00am and 3.00pm. The first market will be in early April.
• Continually recruit new vendors from the Ithaca community, maintain contact with new and returning vendors before and throughout the market season
• Collect all necessary vendor insurance and registration paperwork, and ensure that this is delivered to relevant Cornell University departments
• Maintain an updated list of vendors each week for the University and E-board, update E-board about any special events, and notification of any scheduling changes
• Work with the Finance Chair and market managers to collect vendor fees and ensure food safety compliance at all markets.
• Professional, self-motivated, and punctual at all times
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to give clear directions
• Ability to work closely with a partner and divide duties fairly
• Experience with farms, markets, and food systems a plus
Please complete the following application in its entirety.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Full name (first and last)
Preferred email address:
Have you volunteered at the market before?
What motivates you to work for the FM@C?
What makes you well-suited for the Vendor Coordinator position? What skills or experience would you bring to this position, and the FM@C Executive Board?
What other activities are you involved in on campus? Please carefully consider your other commitments, and your ability to contribute to the FM@C Executive Board in a meaningful capacity.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service