If you would like to play a more participatory role in this event, or if you simply can't afford a ticket, we are offering the opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and get involved behind the scenes. In exchange for (3) five hour shifts of work between June 4th and 11th, you will receive a Rootwire Staff T-shirt, an Official RW2K18 poster, early access to the good camping spots, and, of course, free entry to the festival!
Like many other events, we require a DEPOSIT in the amount of the gate ticket price of $120.00, which will be returned at the end of the weekend when you have fulfilled your volunteer responsibilities. Please note that your credit card will be charged the full amount at the time of deposit. You will receive the deposit money back, in cash, at the end of the festival, once all of your duties have been fulfilled.
To participate you must be 18 years or older.
Volunteers will be working with one of 9 teams during the weekend:
- The Green Team - (This Team will be constantly patrolling the festival grounds and keeping it clean and free of litter. We will be recycling AND composting this year so any knowledge in these matters will be helpful.)
- The Parking Team - (This Team will assist all patrons to park their vehicles in an efficient and organized manner so that we can fit as many cars as possible into the parking lots as well as keep an eye out for potential safety concerns or problems.)
- The Front Gate Team - (This Team will be assisting the Front Gate Coordinators with passing out wristbands, garbage/recycling bags, and Festival Programs to all patrons.)
- The Production Team - (This Team will be assisting the Production Staff with band change overs on the Main and Side Stages. You MUST be able bodied and able to lift heavy objects. Previous experience handling musical equipment is necessary.)
- The Dishwashing Team - (In an effort to eliminate waste from vendors ... the #1 contributor of non-recyclable waste at festivals! ... Rootwire will be implementing a Dish Washing Station to supply all patrons with re-usable dishware!)
- Merchandise Booth - (This Team will be helping to sell the Band and Rootwire Merchandise during the festival. You must be organized and friendly)
- The Hospitality Team - (This Team will be assisting the Hospitality Coordinator to make sure the Artist Hospitality areas are always clean and properly stocked.)
-The Quarter Master Team (2 Teams) - (This team will help organize and keep track of all festival equipment being used throughout the weekend. Attention to detail and organization skills a must! The first team Volunteers are needed Pre-Fest, starting Monday, June 4th - Wednesday, June 6th and will work (3) 5-hour shifts. The Second Team will be needed during the fest/post-fest. These Volunteers will also work (3) 5-hour shifts, but it will be Thursday, June 7 - Sunday June 10. If you select The Quarter Master Team, please indicate if you can work Pre-Fest or Regular Hours in the Skills section of the application.)
- The Runner Team - (This team will be responsible for picking people up from the airport and hotels and dropping them off at the festival. You will also be responsible for returning people to the airport and hotels from the festival. Shopping Volunteers are needed Tuesday, June 5th and Wednesday, June 6th and will work (2) 7-hour shifts. All gas will be reimbursed. All gas receipts need to be turned in for proper reimbursement. MUST have CLEAN and RELIABLE transportation, cell phone and a VALID driver's license with proof of insurance.)
If your application is accepted and there is still room, we will notify you at the email address you provide below. We will also send you the details of how to pay your deposit. You will receive your shift schedule and staff T-shirt when you check in at the festival grounds. Keep in mind that each person will receive at least one late-night shift, unless noted above.
Thanks again for your time and interest in becoming part of the Rootwire Family! :)