Homeowner Survey - Marin Housing Solutions
Your participation in this survey is crucial to Marin Housing Solutions for the identification of the need for fair and affordable housing and development of new housing solutions in Marin County. It should only take 4 to 5 minutes to complete the survey and your participation is anonymous. You will not be asked for any personal information that could reveal your identity. Thank you for assisting us.
1. 0n a scale from 0 to 9, where 0 is “Extremely Unsatisfied” and 9 is “Extremely Satisfied,” how satisfied are you with your housing situation?
1.a If you are unsatisfied with your housing situation (rating of 0-4 above), why are you unsatisfied? Select all that apply.
Home needs repairs that I can’t afford
Unable to afford basic necessities due to cost of maintaining home
Property value fell
Crime in neighborhood
Poor/low school quality
Not enough job opportunities in the area
Too much street/highway noise
Too much traffic
Inadequate access to health care/medical facilities
Inadequate access to public transit
2. If you had the opportunity, would you like to move from your current home?
No (skip to question 3)
I don't know (skip to question 3)
2.a If yes, why would you like to move?
Downsize to smaller house/apartment
Bigger house/apartment/more bedrooms
Save money/get something less expensive
Want to move to different neighborhood (please specify where)
Want to move to different city/county (please specify where)
Closer to transit
Better job opportunities
Closer to work
Closer to family
Get own place/live with fewer people
Need more accessible unit or house
3. Do you have a mortgage on your home?
4. What portion of your income is spent on housing?
5. What year did you purchase your home?
6. Do you rent out rooms in your home?
7. How many bedrooms are empty in your home?
8. When you looked for housing in Marin County, did you ever feel you were discriminated against?
No (skip to question 9)
8.a If yes, what was the reason you felt discriminated against?
8.b What did you do about the discrimination? Select all that apply.
Nothing—I wasn’t sure what to do
Nothing—I was afraid of being evicted/harassed
Moved/found another place to live
Called/emailed housing authority
Called/emailed fair housing organization
Called/emailed government agency/city council
Called/emailed a lawyer
Called /emailed other organization
Filed a complaint
9. If you felt you or someone you knew were discriminated against when looking for housing, what would you do? Select all that apply.
Look for help on the Internet
Contact a friend or family member I trust for advice
Contact a lawyer/Legal Aid/ACLU
Contact a Fair Housing Organization
Contact a Civil Rights group
Contact a Human Rights group
Contact city/county government/elected officials
Contact housing authority
10. How many people, including you, currently live in your household?
One/I live alone
Seven or more
11. Do you have any, children under age 18, currently living in your household?
12. What is your current marital status?
13. What is your gender?
14. Of which racial, ethnic or cultural group do you consider yourself a member? Select all that apply.
American Indian/Native American
Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
15. In what year were you born?
16. Into what category does your total household income fall?
Less than $5,000
$5,000 up to $9,999
$10,000 up to $14,999
$15,000 up to $19,999
$20,000 up to $24,999
$25,000 up to $34,999
$35,000 up to $49,999
$50,000 up to $74,999
$75,000 up to $99,999
$100,000 up to $149,999
$150,000 or more
17. Other than employment, do you receive any of the following? Select all that apply.
18. What suggestions do you have to make housing in Marin County more available?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service