The French and Indian War Test
Please answer the questions about the French and Indian War below:
Your Last Name:
Your First Name:
1. Which two nations below were bitter rivals during the 1700's.
A. England and Brazil
B. England and Germany
C. France and England
D. France and Italy
2. Which two of the following best describes the two sides fighting during the French and Indian War?
A. French vs. Indians
B. England & American Colonists vs. Portugal & Brazil
C. Germany & Italy vs. France & England
D. England & American Colonists vs. France & Indians
3. Which of the following best describes why England and France fought the French and Indian War?
A. Competition for control of North America and the fur trade
B. Competition for control of South America and the gold reserves
C. Competition for control of the Middle East and oil reserves
D. Competition for control of California and Silicon Valley
4. The French and Indian War was part of which larger war below?
A. Seven Years War
B. Five Years War
C. World War I
D. World War II
5. Which famous American below played a major role in the start of the French and Indian War?
A. Ben Franklin
B. Abraham Lincoln
C. George Washington
D. Lonzo Ball
6. Both England and France fought for control of the fur trade near the start of which of the rivers below?
7. What major US city stands today where that river begins?
8. Which of the following best describes how the French planned to defend their claim to the Ohio River valley?
natural barriers such as mountains
use of the Ohio River as a mote
building a string of forts
land minds, pill boxes, and razor wire
9. What happened at Fort Necessity?
A. The French built the fort to protect themselves from George Washington's attack
B. General Washington Blew up the fort with cannon fire
C. General Washington was defeated and surrendered to the French
D. The French surrendered the Ohio Valley to the English
10. What did Ben Franklin's Albany plan try to do?
A. unite the colonies as one government
B. Remove the English king from power
C. unite the colonies with New France
D. unite the colonies with the Spanish Empire
11. At the beginning of the French and Indian War, which side was winning most of the battles?
12. Which of the following English Prime Ministers made changes to the English strategy that allowed them to win the war?
13. What was the final battle of the French and Indian War?
A. Battle of Fort Pitt
B. Battle of Quebec
C. Battle of Oswego
D. Battle of Saratoga
14. What was the name of the treaty that ended the French and Indian War
Treaty of Ghent
Treaty of Paris
Treaty of New York
Treaty of Quebec
15. Which of the following was a result of the French and Indian War?
the French gave up land in North America to the English
England was broke
Americans started to question why they still needed to be English colonies
all of these
16. Compose a well written paragraph to answer the following question: Look at the maps above. Explain how the map of North America changes between 1754 and 1763. Why did this happen?
17. Compose a well written paragraph to answer the following question: What were the three most important results of the French and Indian War? Explain each of them using details from what you learned.
18. Self Assessment: Write a paragraph explaining how you think your did this quarter. Explain what you did well and what improvements you need to make for second quarter. Give examples.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service