Call Your Legislators and the Speaker to Demand Passage of Clean Energy Legislation.
From now through the end of the session, we need to be escalating the pressure on our legislators in order to ensure that the bills we want will pass. That's why every Monday we are encouraging you to make two calls.
1. Your state representative
3. The Speaker of the House (617-722-2500)
You can find that contact information here:
Here's what you do for each call:
First: Contact the office and identify yourself as a constituent and identify the reason you are calling:
My name is ____ and I'd like to urge the representative to speak to leadership about making the following clean energy policies happen and REJECT ANY PUBLIC FUNDING FOR FOSSIL FUEL INFRASTRUCTURE.
Many aspects of these bills are also found in the Senate’s new omnibus energy bill, S.2302, which I strongly support.
1. (H. 2700) Increasing the renewable portfolio standard to 3% per year***
2. (H.3400) Reforming the Department of Public Utilities
3. (H.3396) Implementing solar policies to benefit low-income communities
4. (H.2913) Codifying Environmental Justice regulations from the Patrick administration
5. (H.2149) Setting new emission standards for 2030 and 2040 under the Global Warming Solutions Act
for curbing emissions.
*** Governor Baker's proposed "Clean Peak Standard" does not replace the need for an increased RPS because the RPS is about promoting total renewable production all year, not just incentivizing what fuels we use at peak electricity consumption. If we want to get to 100% Renewable, we NEED the RPS increase, regardless of what happens with the Clean Peak Standard. WE CAN DO BOTH, BUT WE NEED THE RPS.
Next, give your personal reason for supporting these policies.
Thank the staffer for their time and then LOG YOUR CALL.
How did your calls go?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Better Future Project.