2020 MHAAA Spring Art Tour Artist Application
● All Wisconsin artists 18 years or older who can comply with eligibility and requirements listed in this application are invited to apply. Artists who have studio space within the tour area may arrange to share space with visiting artists (space limited). All artists who wish to participate must apply individually.
● Exhibition area is a 20 mile radius around downtown Mount Horeb. This area has expanded to include Sauk City, Prairie du Sac, New Glarus, Ridgeway, Barneveld, Blanchardville, and West Middleton, as well as the original areas of Verona, Cross Plains, Mazomanie, Black Earth, Blue Mounds, and Mount Horeb.
● Artists must be working professional artists.
● Artists must have e-mail and check it frequently.
● The Selection Committee will use its own discretion in choosing artists it feels are best suited to the Tour.
● Acceptance in previous Spring Art Tours does not mean automatic acceptance into future Tours. All artists must reapply annually.
● Applications are due by 10/31/19 and must include a $130 participation fee and $20 MHAAA membership fee (please write separate checks). Applications will be accepted until 11/15/19 with a late fee of $20 required after 10/31/19. Artists not selected for the Tour will have their tour fee returned but will still be MHAAA members for the fiscal year.
● All participating artists must be at their studio or exhibit space throughout the Tour weekend. Departure for anything other than brief meals, bathroom breaks, or an unforeseen emergency, is not permitted and is grounds for exclusion from future Spring Art Tours.
● Artists must demonstrate and/or describe their creative process for visitors during the Tour.
● A minimum of 1 artwork may be requested for a preview exhibit and/or Silent Auction fund-raiser (if scheduled).
● Pick up and return of Tour materials (brochures, signs, etc.) is the artist’s own responsibility.
● Artists are responsible for their own insurance. MHAAA and grant organizations will not be held liable in any way.
● Each artist must use the standardized Visitor Sign-in sheet that we provide during the tour for purposes of future grant writing and promotion. Visitor and sales data (kept confidential) must be provided within 1 week after event.
● Artists must respond to all Tour Coordinator requests in a timely manner.
● Volunteering for MHAAA is required. This means as little as 1-3 hours annually, but additional help is appreciated.You may also be asked help raise funds for Spring Art Tour promotions and the Student Art Scholarship fund.
● Complete the application form.
● Include 3 samples of current work (for website, grant writing and promotional purposes). Samples should be in digital format and be at least 5” x 7” JPG format at 300 dpi (2100 pixels on the longest side).
● Include a personal photo of yourself, preferably at work in your studio. Image should be digital, and may be in black and white or color. If you submit digitally, your image should be at least 3” x 2” JPG format at 300 dpi (900 pixels on the longest side). If you want your personal “at work” image to be considered for inclusion with press releases, please submit it as 5” x 7” image (2100 pixels on the longest side).
● Images will be used for website, brochure & promotion.
● Biography/statement (or update of same) written in first person, for your personal Spring Art Tour web page.
● Send a 1 page resume via US mail or email a PDF.
● Include a description of activities/demonstration you will provide during the Tour and of your studio access.
2019-2020 SCHEDULE - IMPORTANT DATES
● October 31 - Deadline for receipt of application, materials and 2 checks: $130 for SAT fee and $20 for MHAAA dues (if not already paid). Applications sent after 10/31/19 but before 11/15/19 require a $20 late fee.
● November 25 - Selection Committee decision of acceptance or decline will be e-mailed to artists.
● October 1 to November 30 - Sponsor fund drive and letters of thanks sent.
● May 12 - MHAAA Quarterly meeting; distribution of helpful documents and brochures.
● May (date TBD) - Artists pick up of road signs.
● June 5, 6, 7 - Spring Art Tour (10am to 5pm daily).
● June (date TBD) - Spring Art Tour Completion Meeting & MHAAA Potluck Party.
Address all questions, entry materials and payments to the Tour Coordinator:
c/o Tamyln Akins
4629 County Hwy JJ
Black Earth, WI 53515
Start the application process...
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service