Spirit of Reconciliation Award - Application
In the spirit of reconciliation, this award is about forming relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous librarians.
Each year, 3 First Nation Public Librarians will be sponsored to attend Super Conference 2019: two from Northern First Nation Public Libraries (OLS-N) and one from a First Nation Public Library in the South (SOLS).
At the OLA Super Conference, the three award recipients are partnered with seasoned OLA Super Conference attendee (Spirit of Reconciliation Partner), who will ensure you get the most out of Super Conference by introducing you to a network of people. In return, the First Nations public librarian Spirit of Reconciliation Partner can assist in fostering a deeper understanding of Indigenous matters as they relate to your Nation and professional experience.
As a condition of receiving this award, the recipient is required to:
- attend the OLA Super Conference in person (January 29 to January 31, 2020)
- Attend the Indigenous Task Group Luncheon on day one of the conference (January 29th) to meet the municipal public librarian Spirit of Reconciliation Partner
- attend at least 1 conference session with your Spirit of Reconciliation Partner. Other sessions may be attended alone or with a group.
- report on your experience at the OLA Indigenous Task Group meeting (teleconference, date to be determined).
- Apply by: deadline extended to November 22
- Recipients Selected by: November 30
- Recipients confirm attendance by December 15
- Recipient will be matched with their Spirit of Reconciliation Partner the second week of January
Library services affiliation
Have you attended an OLA Super Conference in the past?
What would the impact of attending OLA Super Conference be for you and/or your library?
Why would you be a good candidate for the Spirit of Reconciliation Award?
In submitting this form, I agree that if selected I will:
attend OLA Super Conference in Toronto (January 29 to January 31, 2020)
attend the Indigenous Task Group Luncheon on day one of the conference (January 29th) to meet my municipal public librarian Spirit of Reconciliation Partner
attend at least 1 session with my Spirit of Reconciliation Partner
prepare a report on my experience to be presented at an OLA Indigenous Task Group meeting (teleconference, date to be determined).
If selected, I give permission to share my personal information (name, phone number, email address) with my Spirit of Reconciliation Partner
If no, how would you prefer to be contacted by your Spirit of Reconciliation Partner?
Emergency Contact Number
Emergency Contact Name
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service