2018-19 PV-VC MTAC Guidelines to Recitals
ONE FORM PER FAMILY IS REQUIRED TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY BRANCH EVENT. THIS FORM SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY A PARENT (OR BY A STUDENT IF OVER AGE 18.)
Music Teacher Name
Maria Ongkit Arce
Nicole A. Burns
Noelle Compinsky Tinturin
Linda Fern Fay
1. Please check your calendar before your teacher submits your name for any performance. No changes will be permitted, nor fees refunded, after a recital entry form is submitted to the program chairperson.
2. Performers are required to remain for the entire program. If you cannot stay, you cannot play. Being a good audience participant and hearing others perform is a valuable musical experience. Failure to comply may result in awards being withheld.
3. Performers are required to wear appropriate recital attire. Boys should wear button down shirts. Suits and ties are suggested, although not required. Girls are encouraged to wear dresses or skirts but may wear dress slacks. Skirts may be no more than 3” above the kneecap while seated. Jeans or shorts will not be allowed. Flip-flops are not permitted. Students who do not adhere to this dress code will not be permitted to perform.
4. Recitals will begin on time and will last approximately one hour. Students are requested to arrive at least 15 minutes early. Students who are late will not be permitted to play.
5. All musicians except wind players must perform their music memorized. No arrangements (wind and string instrumentalists excepted), simplified versions, or pop music will not be allowed unless permission is granted from the program committee. The Ensemble Festival, however, does not have any memorization or repertoire restrictions.
6. If it is necessary for a student to miss a recital, please notify your teacher. An unexcused absence makes a student ineligible for the next recital.
7. Flash photography is not permitted during any performance. Pictures may be taken after a recital. Video cameras may be used providing they do not beep during performances. Parents may only videotape their own children, unless prior permission is granted. Videotaping may only be done from your seat; walking around is not permitted.
8. Cell phones must be turned to silent during recitals.
9. A performer's parents are responsible for the behavior of their guests. Please review the guidelines with your guests prior to the recital.
Violations to the above policies may make you ineligible for future recitals. By signing below, you acknowledge that you have read the above guidelines and agree to adhere to them.
Media Consent. By participating in PV-VC MTAC events, the Parent and/or Students hereby consents to and authorizes PV-VC MTAC to capture and use video-audio recordings and photographic images of Student and Student’s musical performances and quoted statements in print, electronic, or online media, for educational and promotional purposes only, without any compensation to Parent or Student. Parent and/or Student agree to waive and release any, and all claims Parent may have against PV-VC MTAC relating to the use of these recordings, images, or statements. This Consent is binding upon all heirs and future legal representatives. PV-VC MTAC will not personally identify a minor child by full name in connection with a video recording or photographic image of the child, without a separate written signed consent from the Parent.
Parent Media Consent e-Signature:
Student(s) Media Consent e-Signature(s)
By completing this form, you will be added to our new PV-VC MTAC Newsletter Mailing List. You may opt-out of the newsletter at any time.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service