University Programs Council (UPC) Co-Sponsorship Request '19-'20
The University Programs Council (UPC)’s goals for co-sponsorships include the following:
- Work with Contracted-Independent Organizations (CIO)/other groups on events to enrich event attendee experiences
- Co-sponsor with CIOs/other groups in order to bring unique insight and important messages/themes to the event planning process
- Provide proper and necessary resources as well as event planning advisement in collaboration with CIOs/other groups to ensure the best quality and turnout for events
- Build and maintain strong, lasting relationships with CIOs/other groups
We hope to use our experience as a programming board to mentor and assist other organizations collaboratively in order to put on events for our student body and external communities. While UPC is able to provide financial assistance for events, co-sponsorships should fulfill UPC's mission - provide enhanced programming for our diverse audiences, so that we can produce the best quality events. As such, co-sponsorships will allow UPC committees to work directly with an external group to plan an event from start to finish, while also allowing the external group to learn various methods in planning events.
UPC's Co-Sponsorship Process:
1. CIOs/organizations send in co-sponsorship request form AT LEAST 6 WEEKS IN ADVANCE* of planned event date
2. UPC’s Vice Chair of Outreach (VCO) and the Outreach Committee reviews co-sponsorship requests on a weekly basis
3. Outreach Committee will send requests that fulfill UPC's mission statement to the various UPC committees that are best fit to assist in the co-sponsored event
4. UPC committees will decide whether the co-sponsorship fits their goals, event schedule, mission statement, etc. or not
5. Should UPC committees have more questions/inquiries, accept, or decline the request, UPC's VCO will reach out to the co-sponsorship request's point of contact (POC) in response to inform the POC of UPC's decision within one week of the submitted request date
UPC will NOT co-sponsor the following:
- Events that are not open to ALL current UVA students
- Events where alcohol is present
- Events that solely ask for marketing/promotion, funding, or usage of our space/location**
*If your event is less than 6 weeks in advance, and a co-sponsorship is highly requested for with UPC, please contact the VCO as soon as possible.
**UPC will assist with marketing/promotion/funding of an event, should the event's goals demonstrate the capacity and ability to benefit the University community.
Please refer to our website for MORE DETAILS regarding the type of events UPC will co-sponsor, and what UPC hopes to achieve through co-sponsorships in the community:
If you have any additional questions about UPC's co-sponsorship process, or if this form goes without a response within two weeks after submission, please feel free to reach out to UPC's VCO, Kelvin Huynh, at
with your inquiries.
Have you read over the UPC co-sponsorship guidelines found above and on our website? If not, please do so now.
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UVa.
Terms of Service