The scholarship is to be awarded to high school seniors who are considered “Unsung Heroes”: students who have overcome unusual circumstances and performed humanitarian services or heroic deeds in the community, school or through their public or religious affiliations.
1. Must be a high school senior, within Dallas County limits
2. Must plan to pursue post high school studies (2 or 4 year college or accredited Technical/trade School)
Gather required documentation (see below) and email to email@example.com by 11:59 pm Thursday, March 14, 2019.
Required Documentation (applications with missing items will not be considered)
Materials should be submitted in firstname.lastname@example.org in one email:1. Digital photo (headshot)
2. Official high school transcript with rank and GPA
3. Two letters of recommendation: (1) from your school counselor or teacher and (2) from an employer, auxiliary/advisory/club sponsor (not a part of your high school). Recommendations should be addressed to the Scholarship Committee of Kappa Zeta with a signature and contact information.
4. Student Biography or resume.
5. Brief statement of why applicant is an "unsung hero".
6. Documentation of volunteer hours, awards, etc.
Email your photo, transcript, recommendation letters, statement and other documentation to: jwscholarship by 11:59 PM on Thursday, March 14, 2019. The subject of your email should be "Josie Washington Memorial Scholarship_[your name]"