Youth Community Action Team members will be responsible for coordinating and developing a social media marketing campaign that addresses positive social norms messaging of teen dating/intimate partner relationships within Orange County. Members will also assist in community event planning and support the expansion of the DELTA Focus initiatives. (Domestic violence prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliances Focus is a 5 year, primary prevention grant awarded to Harbor House of Central Florida through the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence and the Center for Disease Control).
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a solid understanding of computer skills and media literacy
• Show interest in professional development
• Be willing to learn how to speak in public
• Demonstrate a passion for community involvement and ending violence
• Be eager to become a skilled leader within their respective social environment
• Be a good team player within a small group setting
Youth Community Action Team members who successfully complete the entire year of service will receive a certificate of completion, a letter of recommendation to use for college and job applications, optional media recognition for their accomplishments, the ability to network with key leaders in their community, and great social interactions amongst their peers. Food will be provided during YCAT meetings. Youth will arrange for their own transportation. If help is needed with transportation, please contact Yetzenia Negron at YNegron@HarborHouseFL.com or (407) 879-3105.