1. The Award winner should be a person whose life and work related to food sovereignty involves: - Persistence and integrity; - Working from the ground up; - Working "at the edge:" taking risks, focused on radical / fundamental system change, public good, and future generations; - Networking, building community; and, - Mentoring, supporting others and developing leadership.
2. With interest in honouring the diversity of leadership in Canada's food movement, we're particularly interested in receiving nominations from Indigenous peoples, socially/politically marginalized communities and from rural / remote / Northern locations.
3. The Award winner should be a person who has demonstrable experience and a solid track record, but who is not already well known or celebrated for his or her work.
*The initial selection will be made based on the 250 word submission. Nominators will be contacted when the Top 10 short list is made. The Nominator will be asked to submit further supporting documentation, specifically:
- A list of supporters of the submission- A Brief resume of the Nominee
4. We ask that nominations be submitted by members/supporters of Food Secure Canada.
*The nominee does not have to be a FSC member: we will be happy to offer an honorary membership to the winner if she or he is not already a member.