Applications received after the due date will be ranked, placed on a waiting list, and considered if space is available in the program. Please read the student and WBL job requirements below. If you have any questions or need help with your application, please see me in room C104.
• parent approval to apply to the program
• a clearly defined career goal
• a good attendance record
• a good academic record and be on track for graduation
All students must have passed all academic classes
• a good discipline record
• reliable transportation to and from the work place
• a junior or senior and at least 16 years of age
• a good attitude
• good grooming habits
• secure a job by the first day of school
WBL Job Requirements
• WBL job placements must be either arranged or approved by the WBL Coordinator.
For a student to be placed at a family-owned worksite, the business must be recognized in the community as a legitimate enterprise which meets all of the legal requirements of operation, there must be a non-family member worksite supervisor, and the placement CAN NOT be in a home office or private residence.
• WBL job placements must align with CTAE courses taken and/or a clearly defined career goal.
All WBL students must have taken at least one CTAE course.
• A WBL student must work a minimum of 5 hours a week for one block of WBL release, a minimum of 10 hours a week for two blocks of WBL release, and a minimum of 15 hours a week for 3 blocks of WBL release.
• WBL job placements must be one where the WBL Coordinator may visit.
• WBL job placements CAN NOT be through a temporary employment service.