2) I understand that, although the Program in which my child will participate makes every reasonable effort to assure my child's safety while participating in the Program, I hereby acknowledge my awareness that my child's participation in the Program may expose my child to risk of property damage and bodily or personal injury, including death. I understand that the risks my child may encounter include motor vehicle accidents and other travel-related accidents; cuts, bruises, broken bones, sickness, other injuries and health-related occurrences; criminal acts and/or terrorism, as well as other risks that may not be foreseeable. I have investigated the risks, and I hereby assume any and all such risks, and I release and promise not to sue Illinois College or its trustees, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns.
3) For the sole consideration of the College arranging for my child's participation in the Program, I, individually, and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby release and forever discharge the College and its governing board of trustees, their members individually, and their officers, age ts and employees (in their official and individual capacities) from any and all claims, demands, rights and causes of action of whatever kind, arising from or by reason of any personal injury, property damage, or the consequences thereof, resulting from or in any way connected with my participation in the Program and/or any travel incident thereto, including any acts of negligence on the part of the College, its trustees, officers, employees or agents.
4) I have or will secure comprehensive health and accident insurance for my child to provide adequate coverage for any injuries or illnesses that he/she may sustain or experience while participating in the Program. By my signature below, I certify that I have confirmed that my child's health care coverage will adequately cover him/her while he/she participates in the Program, and I hereby release the College, and its employees and agents, from any responsibility or liability for expenses incurred by me for injuries or illnesses (including death) that my child may incur because of those injuries or illnesses, including medical bills, charges and similar expenses.
5) I authorize any representative of the College to secure dental and medical treatment for my child if he/she is injured or becomes ill while participating in the Program, including without limitation anesthetic and surgical treatment, and further authorize any representative of the College to sign authorization forms necessary to obtain the treatment. Neither the College nor its employees and agents shall be responsible or liable for any expenses or damages I may incur as a result of the College acting pursuant to this grant of authority.
6) I, individually, and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the College, and its trustees, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (in their official and individual capacities), from any and all liability, loss, damage, claim, suit and cost which arises out of, occurs during, or is in any way connected with my child's participation in the Program or any travel incident thereto, including claims and suits arising out of any of my alleged acts or omissions, and any claim or suit made on my behalf by my legal representatives, heirs, successors and assigns.
7) I agree that, should any provision or aspect of this agreement be found to be unenforceable, all remaining provisions of the agreement will remain in full force and effect.
8) I represent that my agreement to the provisions herein is wholly voluntary, and further understand that, prior to signing this agreement, I have the right to consult with the advisor, counselor or attorney of my choice.
9) I agree that, should there be any dispute concerning my child's participation in the Program that would require the adjudication of a court of law, such adjudication will occur in the courts of, and be determined by the laws of, the State of Illinois. Unless the College agrees otherwise, venue shall be in Morgan County, Illinois.
This agreement represents my complete understanding with the College concerning the College’s responsibility and liability for my child's participation in the Program, supersedes any previous or contemporaneous understandings I may have had with the College on this subject, whether written or oral, and cannot be changed or amended in any way without my written concurrence.