The Massachusetts Association for Floodplain Management (massFM) is opening a call for abstracts for our 3rd Annual massFM Conference, which will take place on October 23, 2023, at the Hogan Center at Holy Cross in Worcester.
The technical program will be organized around the following major themes and further refined and finalized after the abstract submission review conducted by the Technical Program Committee. Final decisions will be based on the best overall design of the Conference program.
Abstract submission guidelines:
- Riverine/Coastal Floodplain Management
- Climate Resiliency and Adaptation
- Ecological Restoration
- Nature Based Solutions
- Innovative Stormwater Management
- Permitting, Lessons Learned, Community Outreach
Abstract submissions will be considered for posters (student poster presentation), oral plenary presentations, or panel sessions of up to four speakers.
- Presenting speakers and panelists must register for and attend the symposium in person.
- Each abstract submission must provide a clear and concise description of the topic being proposed for presentation.
- Abstracts are limited to 500 words.
- A brief bio of the presenter shall be included.
- The abstract submission deadline is 11:59pm, July 17, 2023.
In late August 2023, the corresponding/presenting author of each abstract will be notified by email of the placement decision. If the abstract is accepted, this email will state the session and format to which it has been assigned and provide information on preparing the presentation.