After School Club Application
Please complete the form below to apply to apply to create a new club at DSST Byers. All club applications will be reviewed by Cassidy Greif, Director of Athletics and Activities. Please allow for a two week processing time before your club is approved or denied.
1. Review of application by the Activities Director in light of the below criteria for school-sponsored clubs and conditions for school-recognized club.
2. Meeting with potential sponsor and/or students and the Activities Directors.
3. Written recommendation by the Activities Director to the School Director for acceptance or rejection of the club as a school-sponsored club or school-recognized club.
4. Final written decision by the School Director.
5. If a club is accepted as a school-sponsored club, the club will be on "pilot" status for one trimester and a specific plan to start as a school-sponsored pilot club will be developed by the sponsor, students, and Dean of Students.
New Club Criteria:
1. Evidence of sufficient student interest (i.e., 10 or more students);
2. Congruence with DSST Byers policy and purpose statement for its co-curricular program;
3. Availability of an appropriate adult sponsor(background check completion required);
4. Inclusiveness (i.e., the degree to which the club is designed to appeal to and include students regardless of race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, etc.); and
5. No significant duplication of purpose, goals, or activities of an existing school-sponsored club.
In accordance with the federal Equal Access Act, and consistent with DSST: Byers efforts to encourage the emotional, cultural, mental physical, and social growth of its students, each sponsored-after school club is subject to the following conditions:
1. Meetings or activities are voluntary and/or student-initiated.
2. Meetings or activities do not materially and substantially interfere with the orderly conduct of educational activities within the school, nor are they unlawful or otherwise contrary to the mission of the school
3. Non-school approved persons may not direct, conduct, control, or regularly attend meetings or activities.
4. Meetings and activities must occur during non-instructional time. School based interventions (Refocus, College Prep) trump participation in clubs.
5. DSST Byers expends no funds beyond the incidental cost associated with providing the space for student initiated meetings.
Successful Completion of Pilot Status
A group initially approved as a pilot club may be approved for full status as a school-sponsored club upon application to the Activities Director demonstrating that it has:
1. Been in existence at least one trimester.
2. Maintains a membership of at least 10 students (or meeting goal of initial attendance goal)
3. Has a constitution describing the purpose, goals, and structure of the club.
4. Has identified activities.
5. Has an identified meeting structure.
6. Uses TeamSnap as form platform of scheduling and communication.
Name of Person Presenting Proposal:
Email Address of Person Presenting Proposal:
Name of Adult/Teacher Sponsor:
Email of Adult/Teacher Sponsor:
Name of Proposed Club:
Description of Proposed Club:
Goal(s) of the proposed club:
When, where and how often do you hope to meet (days of the week, location, frequency, duration)?
Will the club or participants of the club incur any costs associated with running the club (DSST will not directly pay any costs for clubs other than the providing a place to meet)?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Denver School of Science and Technology.