Northern Writes writing contest registration form
Northern Writes Contest Rules
How to Enter
1. Fill out an Official Entry Form and Permission to Use form with each entry you send in. Entries without both forms cannot be considered.
2. Your entry must be emailed to
by June 30, 2020. No faxes will be accepted.
What You Can Enter
1. Your entry must be original. A person who submits an entry that is plagiarized will be
disqualified from the contest. Plagiarism is copying someone else's words and/or their
ideas and saying they are your own.
2. Only unpublished material will be accepted. Copyright remains the property of the
3. Your entry can be in any of the official languages of the NWT. They are Dëne Sųłıné Yatié,
Cree, Tłı̨chǫ Yatıì, English, French, Gwich'in, Inuktitut, Inuvialuktun, Inuinnaqtun, Sahtúot’ı̨nę Yatı̨́, and Dene Zhatıé. If your entry is in a language other than English, please provide an English translation.
4. Your entry can be on any topic and in any form, such as a poem or short story.
5. You can send in more than one entry; but you can receive only one prize.
6. Your entry must be typed, double-spaced.
7. Your entry can only be a maximum of 5 pages long. Entries longer than 5 pages will not
Who Can Enter
1. This contest is open to all residents of the community of the NWT.
2. Only the author has the right to submit an entry.
1. Family: Children 0-6 years old can work with a parent or guardian to create a story together. The child can illustrate while the adult writes. The illustrations must be emailed in the largest file size possible.
2. 7-10 years old.
3. 11-15 years old.
4. 16-29 years old.
5. 30 years and up.
How Entries Are Judged
1. A panel of judges will judge the entries.
2. Each entry will be judged for content, originality, style, and effort.
Winners and Prizes
1. All authors of winning entries will be contacted.
2. All authors of winning entries will receive a prize.
7-10 years old
16-29 years old
11-15 years old
Family (0-6 years old and a parent/gaurdian)
30 years and over
Is your entry
By writing your name below, you agree with and accept all the contest rules.
Northern Writes writing contest entry Release & Consent Form
1. I, ________________________________, agree to let the NWT Literacy Council (NWTLC) use, reproduce and publish written piece and/or illustration by me, submitted in the Northern Writes writing contest.
2. By signing this form, I acknowledge that the NWTLC has asked for my permission to use this written piece and/or illustration by me in various media (for example: print, electronic, CD):
• on NWTLC websites
• in NWTLC documents, and
• in NWTLC promotional materials.
This written piece and/or illustration may be used electronically, and may be on their own or in groups.
3. I understand that anyone with Internet access will be able to access the written piece and/or illustration by me on NWTLC website and social media.
4. I also understand that the NWTLC will post a copyright notice on the website telling people they cannot copy a written piece and/or illustration without written permission from the NWTLC. I understand that the NWTLC is not responsible for, and has no control over, what other people might do with my written piece and/or illustration once it is published.
5. I also agree to release my name and home town to identify me as the author of this written piece and/or illustration.
6. I have read this permission form carefully. I understand what is in it and agree with it. By signing this consent form, I am giving up any legal rights I may have to the written piece and/or illustration.
By writing your name below, you agree to the above Release and Consent form.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service