1. Please note that this form is to register your interest, upon which we will inform you on the next training date (trainings are held every 2 months once). Training programme (10am-5pm on a Saturday) is MANDATORY to become a ACRES Wildlife Rescue Volunteer.
2. ACRES's 24hr wildlife rescue hotline receives over 700 calls every month, related to wild animal sightings/in distress in Singapore. A rescue officer's role is to educate, empower public and assess the case before taking action. Being a volunteer rescue officer involves taking calls to the hotline, talking patiently to the callers, documenting information, updating the call logs, handling/containing/releasing wild animals according to ACRES's protocols. If you have a driving license, you will also be inducted to drive ACRES's rescue van (manual).
3. Proficiency in English is a must.
4. Following the theory training programme, you will be attached to two other rescue officers who will orient you in the above responsibilities before you are fledged to become a volunteer wildlife rescue officer. This may take 3-10 shifts based on cases/situations.
5. Following the theory training programme, our volunteer call-outs (emails) are sent every 20th of the month to book for available slots for the following month. Example: Call-outs sent on 20 June to book for volunteer slots in July.
Volunteer slots are booked according to first come first serve basis.
(Suitable for ages 21 and above.)
There are two (2) shifts available.Day Shift: 9:30am - 5pm (Max: 2 volunteers required)Night Shift: 5pm - 9:30am (next day) (Max: 2 volunteers required) Overnight on-site (ACRES) accommodation while on duty available in a sharing dorm-style room for male and female volunteers separately.
6. Please be aware that there are three rescued mongrels at the premises, who do not readily warm up to new people. No matter how cute they look and how experienced you are with dogs, we strictly advise against petting, feeding, running, screaming or approaching the dogs.
7. Only vegetarian/vegan food is allowed to be consumed when you are on duty or using ACRES vehicle (whether in or out of ACRES's premises).