The primary role of an AmeriCorps Summer Crew Leader is to inspire and equip K-12 students and Detroit residents to make their homes and communities more sustainable. In partnership with YES Green School Coordinators you will help form and lead teams of 5-8 students groups, helping to set goals, and carry out greening projects that foster health, student learning, and community engagement while reducing environmental impacts.
Summer Crew Leader
Summer Crew Leaders will work with EcoWorks and its community partners to organize students to investigate and address sustainability and justice issues in Detroit. Responsibilities include:
• Build community knowledge in environmental justice and sustainable behaviors
• Support program staff in engaging volunteers and other youth leaders
• Support AmeriCorps Summer Crew Members during summer months in learning about environmental justice, leadership and professional development
• Contribute to program development and administration through communications, event planning, leadership programming, lesson development, etc
• Serve as a role model and mentor students for success in college and future careers
• Maintain safe, justice-minded, productive, and enjoyable work environment
In addition to this form, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Summer Crew Leader" with First and Last name in the title.