Questions to assess data collection resources at various agencies, institutions, and partners in the South Atlantic
1) What program do you work with?
2) What type of projects do you work with?
3) What is the spatial scope of your typical project(s)?
Single location (an estuary, a port, etc.)
4) What is the temporal scope of your typical project(s)?
2 years or less
5 years or less
More than 5 years but no longer active
More than 5 years and currently active
5) Who collects your data?
6) What type of data do you typically collect?
Biological: abundance, biomass, catch
Biological: life history
Angler/Fisher behavior (ex. effort, gear, targeting)
7) What size is your typical data set for a project?
<10 MB (typical for single year or short-term experiments)
300 + MB
>1Terrabyte (oceanography, genomics, photo libraries)
I'm not sure
8) How do you typically collect your data?
Analog (paper forms)
Electronic: custom-build software
Electronic: commercially-available software
Electronic: web-based data entry
Electronic: mobile app
9) Who typically error checks your data?
our data management personnel
outside data management personnel
10) How much time does your staff spend annually error checking your data?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service