Continuous Open Bidding (COB) begins after the conclusion of Panhellenic Primary Recruitment Week and continues throughout the academic year. Continuous Open Bidding is recommended for anyone who chooses not to participate in Membership Recruitment Week or did not receive a bid during the week. COB offers women the opportunity to participate in sorority life and join a sorority through an informal process. Membership recruitment activities might include pizza parties, bowling outings, and TV nights. Participating sororities will advertise events on social media or contact you by phone, email, or personal visit to invite you to attend their membership activities. Keep in mind, you will not hear from all the sororities. Because some chapters fill their pledge quota during the Fall Primary Recruitment Week, they are not eligible to participate in Continuous Open Bidding.
Questions regarding Continuous Open Bidding can be answered by sorority women or the Fraternity and Sorority Life Office at 859-257-3151. Continuous Open Bidding has no registration fee.
To assure your understanding of important policies affecting the recruitment process and pledging, you are requested to read and sign the following statement. I understand that:
1. Although Panhellenic does not require a specific grade point average to participate in the recruitment week process, each of the women’s fraternity chapters has a minimum grade point average for pledging. These are a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for high school or range from a 2.5 to a 3.2 for college. I understand that if my grade point average is below the minimum, chances of pledging are low. Some chapters require a college grade point average in order to initiate or to remain an active member. All participants must be full-time students on the Lexington campus.
2. I agree that the Panhellenic Council may verify my cumulative GPA from my high school and/or any college I have attended, along with my American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) scores, and that this information may be released to the individual sororities.
3. Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited from use during Sorority Membership Recruitment. The Panhellenic Council will handle violations of Kentucky Law and University policy. This can also result in dismissal from the residence hall and the membership recruitment program.
4. I understand that the information in this application will be made available to active and alumnae members of sororities at UK and to alumnae members of sororities in my hometown, which is for the purpose of obtaining references on my behalf.
8. I reserve the right to pledge no fraternity, but if I am offered a bid to one of the fraternities that I have listed on my preference card following the preference function round and do not accept, then I am ineligible to join any other National Panhellenic Conference fraternity at the University of Kentucky for one calendar year.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE REGULATIONS AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES THROUGHOUT MY STAY ON CAMPUS. INFRACTIONS OR VIOLATIONS OF THESE REGULATIONS COULD RESULT IN TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT PRIVILEGES AND REQUIREMENT TO MOVE OUT OF THE RESIDENCE HALL. BY SUBMITTING THIS REGISTRATION FORM, I GIVE MY CONSENT TO THE ABOVE.
The information obtained from this form is submitted to each chapter participating in the recruitment process at the University of Kentucky.