Octorara Virtual Academy Contract 2020-21 for Secondary Students Grades 7 -12
Please read all of this before registering.
Registration will open May 3rd, 2021 and close July 15th, 2021.
Once registration is complete and contract submitted, the course/courses/parts will be available to begin on June 17th, 2021 and end on August 17th at 4:00 p.m. All parts/courses need to be completed by August 17th @ 4:00 p.m.
For Credit Recovery:
-I understand if I complete AND pass any credit recovery part(s), the school district will cover the cost of the part or courses. If I do not complete the part/course by August 17th @ 4 p.m. or if I fail the part, I understand that I must repay the Octorara Area School District for the cost of the course/part (see below). This cost will be levied against my school account and will become a school obligation that must be paid. Invoices will be mailed for those that fail or do not complete the parts.
For Original Credit:
-I understand that payment must be received prior to enrollment in course.
-I understand that this contract must be signed and submitted prior to enrollment in the course.
-If you should fail or not complete the course by August 17th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m., your failing grade or non-running grade will be used and reflected on your transcript.
-If needed, I agree to attend in-person support at The Point or Octorara Jr/Sr High School everyday that it is available, if I choose in-person support, until the part/course is completed or until July 22 (end of in-person support at the Jr/Sr high School).
- I agree to log in to my parts/courses daily and/or to complete enough lessons daily to stay on pace (green) to complete the courses in the time provided. This may require you to log in and actively work, on average, 1 hour per course, per day. This may be different for every student and for every course taken.
- The drop/withdrawal period will be 14 days from the start date of the course - June 17th, 2021. After the drop/withdrawal period, I must repay the Octorara Area School District for the cost of the course if I decide to drop the course outside of the 14-day drop window or withdrawal from the course.
- If I do not complete these Parts/semester courses by the dates provided in the registration, the non-running total (average of complete, graded assignments and ungraded assignments) will be used as the grade. This could result in a failing grade in the part and thus result in a charge for the part.
Credit Recovery per part
$77 - Half Credit of Edison Learning
$154 - One Credit of Edison Learning
$142 - Single Part of Edison Learning
$284 - Half Credit of Edison Learning
$568 - One Credit of Edison Learning
- I agree that if I receive a device from the Octorara Area school District to complete my course part(s), the device must be returned no later than 1 week after completing the course or withdrawing from the program to Mr. Peticca in the Junior/Senior High School. If the device is not returned and has been damaged beyond repair (as determined by our tech staff), I agree to reimburse the district the cost to replace the device. The replacement cost of the device is $200.00.
Parent/Guardian (Learning Coach) Section:
- As a parent/guardian, I agree to be a Learning Coach for my student. Learning Coach responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating a suitable space in the home in which the student can work without distractions
- Establishing a daily schedule that allows for ample time for the learner to complete the lessons and stay
on pace for completion
- Assisting the learner in managing the materials needed for each lesson
- Overseeing the learner as he/she works through the lessons and helping, as needed
- Encourage the student to contact the teacher of record, or the Octorara OVA teacher, if the student appears to be struggling with the academic content, the schedule, the technology, etc.
Student Last Name:
Student First Name:
Student Phone Number (Format - 6101234567)
Parent Last name
Parent First name
Parent Phone Number (Format - 6101234567)
I agree, as a student, to all of the terms set forth in the Octorara Virtual Academy Contract 2020-21 for Secondary Students Grades 7 through 12.
I agree, as a parent/guardian, to all of the terms set forth in the Octorara Virtual Academy Contract 2020-21 for Secondary Students Grades 7 through 12.
I agree, if I decide to attend The Point for support with my Octorara Virtual Academy credit recovery/original credit parts/courses, to allow the Octorara Area School District to provide access to the my Genius account in order for The Point personnel to monitor my progress and support my child when necessary.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Octorara Area School District.