Tarporley Transport Survey
The Parish Councils that make up Tarporley Ward; Eaton & Rushton, Little Budworth, Tarporley and Utkinton & Cotebrook, have been looking at the current transport provisions across our Ward. The result has been to propose a range of services that would, initially, run between 07:00 and 19:00 Monday to Friday. It is hoped that these services will incorporate the best elements of the existing ‘dial-a-ride’ services and operate as fully timetabled routes that would provide connections to, from and with Tarporley, the Arriva 84, D&G 82 services and Northern Rail at Delamere station. It is also hoped to include Winsford, Tiverton and other pick up/drop off points.
If you would wish to add anything in terms of the services, their range or frequency of operation – please do so on the sheet of paper included.
The diagram below shows how each area might be served (this is for illustration only), much will depend on your responses to the survey and the exact routes and timetables will be determined by your needs.
These routes are likely to be chargeable services but only to the extent of recovering costs, where possible we would seek to honour existing concession and bus pass schemes. It should be noted that services such as these would, hopefully, bring footfall to the many retail and service providers across Tarporley Ward – much needed in today’s competitive market. The intention is to connect the Parishes to the Tarporley Hub and vice versa to offer wider connections.
The survey is supported by CWaC Ward Councillor Eveleigh Moore-Dutton from the ‘Members’ Budget’, and she fully recognises the need for social inclusion and connectivity to ensure that all sectors of our population are able to have access to all the services within and without our Ward.
The full survey will be featured as an ‘online version’ on
and your Parish Council web pages too.
It would be appreciated if you could provide some idea of your location, at the very least we would like to have a street and postcode to enable us to position survey respondents in terms of the Ward.
Please note we are not asking for any personal information that could identify any respondents.
PLEASE RETURN BY MONDAY 30th MARCH 2020
Overall example of the areas to be covered
1. If such a service were introduced would you and/or your family use it? (please tick the appropriate box).
2. How often might you use it? (Please tick as appropriate)
3. What do you think might be a reasonable charge? (Please check as appropriate, assume current travel concessions will apply)
£1 a single Journey
£2 a single Journey
£5 a return Journey
4. From which of the following locations would you wish to board the bus and go to? (Please place a tick in any that you might use - a tick that shows, for example, from *Eaton to Eaton will be assumed as a return journey will be assumed as a return journey to and from the Tarporley Hub.)
5. Would you require wheelchair or special access? (Please tick as appropriate)
No special needs
6. What times do you think the service should run (to and from)? (Please tick all that apply)
Mon - Fri 07:00 - 09:00
Mon - Fri 15:00 - 19:00
Mon - Fri 12:00 - 15:00
Mon - Fri 09:00 - 12:00
7. What else might you use the service for? (Please tick all that apply)
Visiting Health Services
8. If these services were not available how would you access other villages? (Please tick the one that you might prefer to use)
9. Which of the existing community-based transport schemes do you use? (Please circle as appropriate)
Rural Rider (Wednesday to Northwich and Winsford
I use none of these
Community Car Scheme (ex-'Tarporley Shuttle)
School Bus to Tarporley
Community Bus (Utkinton to Cheshire Oaks)
Please tell us your Post Code
Please tell us the street on which you live
Would you like to add anything? (Please type up to 500 characters)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service