* Increase partnership between youth and adults --to reach out to more people in order to educate, motivate, and activate them to become more involved in Special Olympics and its initiatives.
* Provide innovative new perspectives to ensure the continued success of Special Olympics.
* You will have a better understanding of how to reach out to your peers to engage them to Be a Fan® of Special Olympics!
* The first meeting will be held October in Augusta and then held every 1st Wednesday of each month until the end of the school year. The first meeting will be a mandatory face-to-face meeting.
* Participate or help recruit students in the Lobster Dip January 1st, Cool School Plunge and/or Ice Out Plunge in April to raise awareness and funds for Special Olympics Maine Unified Champion Schools
* Implement an R-word campaign in your home school and one neighbor school.
* Have a Youth Council at your school
* Have an Unified Sports program at your school
* Dress and act in a responsible manner that positively represent Special Olympics and the Unified Champion Schools Youth Council. Profanity, taunting, and other forms of poor sportsmanship; uncooperative behavior; and inappropriate pictures or posts online are subject to disciplinary measures.
* Respect all residential sites, meeting sites, dining facilities, competition venues, and other activity areas.
* Treat other Unified Champion Schools Maine Unified Champion Schools Youth Council Members, all activity participants, athletes, coaches, staff, officials and volunteers with respect and communicate in a courteous manner.
* Ensure that you are at the designated meetings, sessions, scheduled events, meals, and other activities on time.
* Follow the directions of your chaperone while traveling and all the time you are attending the Maine Unified Champion Schools Youth Council events.
* HAVE FUN!!