AMKE 2020 Photographer Policy & Application
If you intend to charge attendees for photoshoots and/or accept monetary tips, we require you to purchase a Photographer Badge. Anyone who are financially profiting from our event and/or attendees must be accounted for through similar regulations as our exhibitors and vendors.
We use proceeds from this to benefit the AMKE cosplay community as a whole, including you! This year, thanks to the support of cosplay photographers last year, we will be improving our cosplay photoshoots with revamped scheduled meetups (with staff supervision on Saturday) and new backdrops.
Photographers with professional or pro-sumer gear who are taking photos and their present talent may be approached by staff at the convention and asked if they are doing a paid photo shoot. In the event that you do not have an Anime Milwaukee issued Photographer or Press Badge, you will be escorted to the Press Office to obtain an appropriate badge. Refusal to do so will result in the loss of your attendee badge and escorted off the premises.
This badge is $90 (or $40 with a trade-in of your regular attendee badge). The purpose of the application process is to verify your service as legitimate, not to judge quality of work. These passes will be available with our Pre-Registration system as well as on-location.
What this provides to you:
- Reserved seating and early entrance for select convention events (see the Press Department for more details)
-Complimentary coat check access, to store your equipment in a supervised area in between shoots.
- Approval to use our social media(s) to advertise
- We will issue you an Anime Milwaukee authorized logo to promote your presence.
- Use of one (1) light stand (battery powered only) on the premises
- Use of Clamp lights.
- Equipment is permitted in foot traffic areas, but should immediately be moved when your shoot is complete or if any handicap or special needs vehicle need to pass through.
What the does not provide you:
- Does not grant an “All Access” privilege to our event.
- Does not grant you the power to restrict attendees from certain areas of the convention.
- You may politely ask attendees to clear an area, but they do not have to comply.
Reports of a Photographer being rude to attendees will result in the removal of the Photographer Badge. Complainant will be issued an attendee badge and be told to discontinue photo shoots for the remainder of the event. Inability to comply will result in removal of attendee badge and the event.
Once your application is submitted and reviewed, you will be sent an email with an approval decision and further instructions as to how to proceed with your registration process. Anime Milwaukee reserves the right to deny a Photographer Badge to anyone, at any time. If you are denied a Photographer Badge, you will be refunded.
There is no badge mailing option for Photographer Badges. These are Weekend badges only, there is not a single-day Photographer Badge. These badges will be made available for pick up at the convention only.
Photographers retain all rights to their photos, however, AMKE may ask to use high quality, non-watermarked photos in promotional materials. If so, photos will only be used with attribution. As this is a private event, certain photo restrictions may apply, such as guests not permitting photos or allowing photos to be sold.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Entertainment and Culture Promotion Society.