YSP 2020 Application
READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Young Scholars Program! This application will take 60-90 minutes to complete, and cannot be saved or restarted at a later date.
1. Approximately 24 students will be accepted to the program. The final number of available slots for the Young Scholars Program is contingent upon funding and will be determined before April 31, 2020.
2. Priority is given to those students who have low access to similar programs and live in commuting distance of Northeastern University (MA only!).
3. Students must be rising seniors (currently juniors in high school).
4. The running of this program is contingent on grant funding.
5. The 50 semi-finalists may be required to complete an interview prior to final acceptance.
6. To confirm your spot in the program if you are accepted, there will be a $150 commitment fee.
7. Program dates: June 22, 2020 - July 30, 2020. Absences will not be allowed unless in a documented emergency.
8. This application includes short answer/essay questions, which will require some time to answer. In order to assist you in answering these questions they are all available here:
9. Along with this online application, two teacher or guidance counselor recommendations and a high school transcript are required. It is suggested that these recommendations come from one math and one science teacher. You will need to submit the recommenders' email addresses when you submit this application. You will be asked below to waive your right to request a copy of these recommendations.
10. Program communications will come from
. It is crucial that you and your recommenders add
to your e-mail contacts, to ensure that you receive all notifications regarding application materials and decisions.
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO DRAFT YOUR RESPONSES TO THE ABOVE SHORT-ANSWER QUESTIONS AND DETERMINE YOUR RECOMMENDER EMAIL ADDRESSES PRIOR TO STARTING THE APPLICATION - YOU CANNOT SAVE/CONTINUE THE APPLICATION LATER.
Please make sure to hit "Submit" once completed in order for the application to be fully processed.
For specific questions please e-mail
or Program Director Claire Duggan at
All communications will be sent electronically. Please list below the preferred email address for all correspondence.
Please check all the boxes below to confirm your understanding of the points above.
Yes, I am a rising senior in high school.
Yes, I can complete an interview if selected as a semi-finalist.
Yes, I understand the YSP Program is contingent on grant funding.
Yes, I will provide the $150 acceptance fee if I am selected and enroll in the YSP Program.
Yes, I have no prior commitments during the program period of June 22, 2020 - July 30, 2020.
Yes, I agree to not make any commitments during the YSP Program timeframe
Yes, I understand I will not be able to save my work and can complete the entire application now.
Yes, I have responded to the short answer questions listed in #8 above and can copy them into the application.
Yes, I have talked with two teachers or guidance counselors who can provide recommendations, and I can provide their email addresses in this application.
Yes, I waive my right to request a copy of the recommendations provided.
Yes, I have added
to my e-mail contacts, and have confirmed that my recommenders have added
to their email contacts.
Yes, I will be able to provide an official transcript from my high school.
Page 1 of 9
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service