Never Mind Retreat Application
About this application form
• The following information is strictly for the confidential use those organizing and teaching the retreat
• Please answer these questions fully to enable the teacher to guide your retreat appropriately
• This form is destroyed at the end of your retreat
We aim to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all retreatants, regardless of age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, (dis)ability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, nationality, beliefs, and dietary requirements.
Coming on retreat can be an invaluable boost for your practice whether you’re only just beginning with meditation or have been practicing for decades. Everything is set up specifically to help you feel supported and to foster the calmness of mind necessary for meditative insight. One of the conditions that we find particularly helpful to offer you is an opportunity for shared silence.
• We agree as a group not to converse with each other for the duration of the workshop. There will be time given later to know others but the focus is to know yourself through silence first.
• We turn off our phones and gadgets, we disconnect from social media, and we put down our books. Why do we do this? Because silence provides the opportunity to develop a new relationship with ourselves and the world, rather than simply being a gap to be filled. Free from the usual distractions that stimulate the mind, we begin to experience an altogether different and sublime dimension to life, one that was hiding there all along. And as silence starts to reveal its irresistible and profound beauty we allow the possibility of our innate wisdom to show itself.
* In an effort to be inclusive and practice compassion, we ask all participants to please refrain from wearing scented products.
An increasing number of people have allergies, asthma or other chemical sensitivity to a variety of common chemicals and fragrances. Many have difficulty breathing, suffer from headaches and migraines, or experience flu-like symptoms. These individuals often find themselves faced with the choice to stay in a fragrance rich environment and get sick or leave and be excluded.
We are working to create environments where the most-impacted individuals can still benefit from the teachings and your participation in being fragrance free can help.
Year of Birth
Gender (** If your gender identity is non-binary please let us know how you identify and which pronoun(s) you use).
Emergency contact (** Please give name and telephone number).
Please indicate which venue and retreat you are interested in attending
Stewart Mineral Springs
Accommodation (** Applications are responded on a first-come-first-served basis, kindly mention below which accommodation type you will like to reserve. We will reply to you with availability).
Any other needs or limitations we should know about
Diet (** The Retreat offers organic vegetarian diet as standard and can also provide for vegans. Please state if you are vegan or if you have any medical dietary requirements (which we will try to accommodate). If you are gluten-free, please state whether you can eat oats).
Is there any additional information you would like to convey to Shiv?
How did you hear about Never Mind Retreat?
We send out the occasional email with news and views - would you like us to add your address to the (email) mailing list?
I acknowledge I have read, understand and agree to all of the agreements put forth in this application.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service