TMCD Doctoral Consortium Application 2016
The Doctoral Consortium (DC) at TMCD 2016 is a forum for doctoral students interested in child development and technology/media to present their work and receive feedback and guidance from established community members. It is a closed event where only PhD students can participate.
Interested students should submit a 4-page double-space (1000 words maximum) extended abstract describing
1. Their research topic
2. The work so far
3. The methods used
4. Any early stage findings or preliminary results
5. The planned next steps
We encourage submissions for the following conference themes:
- Children as producers and consumers of media and technology
- Media and technology in the service of development
- Innovative methods for studying children and media
- Technology as a tool for developmental interventions and for studying development
Abstracts will be selected based on quality and the benefits students may derive from participating in the DC. Participants will receive free conference registration, two nights of lodging, and travel.