Inlandia Creative Writing Workshops
Now enrolling for the Winter 2021 session!
Welcome to Inlandia Institute's Creative Writing Workshops Program, the pandemic edition -- continued.
We will be continuing our signature workshops series on Zoom or other virtual platforms for the foreseeable future. Some of the workshops will have a focus this time around. As such, if you're interested in trying out a different or focused workshop, now would be a good time since there are no commutes or parking issues.
- We're sorry to note Inlandia's workshop at the Janet Goeske Center with CelenaDiana Bumpus has been discontinued. Please feel free to enroll in any of the other workshops, or email us if you have any questions.
SPRING WORKSHOP OFFERINGS:
New this year:
- We'll be offering periodic "write ins" with the different instructors! These will be one hour each, and occur on a semi-regular schedule once the workshops get rolling.
- [FULL. NO LONGER TAKING REGISTRATIONS.] James Ducat will again be leading the Redlands-based workshop. This workshop will focus on poetry and is tailored for writers who have at least some experience with writing poetry.
- [FULL. NO LONGER TAKING REGISTRATIONS.] Tim Hatch will again be leading the Ontario Library-based workshop. This workshop is open to all genres, has a larger component of critique, and as such is geared for more intermediate to advanced writers.
- Allyson Jeffredo will be returning to lead the San Bernardino Library-based workshop and is open to all genres and geared for beginning to intermediate writers.
- Andrea Fingerson will again be leading the Corona Library-based workshop. Open to all genres but leaning more toward prose. For writers of all skill levels.
- Mae Wagner will again be leading her senior-center based workshop. It meets weekly year-round (except for holidays) on Thursdays between 10 am and noon and is open to all genres.
- Dr. Carlos Cortes will continue his Chronologyland workshops through the Riverside Public Library. IF YOU PREVIOUSLY ENROLLED IN HIS WORKSHOP, YOU ARE STILL ENROLLED.
We are NOT capping enrollment at this time unless we have overwhelming demand for one particular workshop that prevents that workshop from being effective, in which case we will reach out on a case by case basis.
Attendance is not mandatory, but please be courteous and let us know if you find that you will not be able to attend one or more workshop meeting.
All workshops are open to the public but registration is required. Once the workshop has begun, new participants will be accepted only at the discretion of the workshop leader and Inlandia staff.
By registering for an Inlandia workshop you are entitled to submit work for inclusion in the annual Writing from Inlandia anthology. We encourage you to do so! We also have an online literary journal,
, and hope you will peruse that and submit when you can. There will also be other opportunities throughout the year.
Also please note that Inlandia reserves the right to decline participation for any reason whatsoever.
Inlandia's Creative Writing Workshops are FREE but a donation toward the workshops program is appreciated. Donations are accepted via PayPal or regular mail to the Inlandia Institute office.
- To donate via PayPal visit
and choose "send money" to donations (at) inlandiainstitute (dot) org.
- To mail donations: Inlandia Institute • 4178 Chestnut Street • Riverside, California 92501
We are not accepting hand-delivered donations at this time.
Please remember: Donations are optional! Support comes in many forms. Thank you for supporting the Inlandia Institute!
Inlandia Creative Writing Workshops Code of Conduct
1.) Always be respectful and considerate of everyone’s time and talent.
2.) When critiquing others’ work, be compassionate, concise, and helpful; wherever possible, use direct examples rather than vague generalizations.
3.) When arriving and departing the workshop, especially through Zoom, be prompt, and be courteous to other speakers.
4.) These seasonal workshops (fall, winter, and spring) each meet for five meeting times over any ten-week seasonal session. Please try to attend each one. If you can’t make it, or if at any time you wish to drop the workshop, please notify your workshop leader or the Inlandia Institute at 951 790 2458.
5.) If you have any questions or concerns, including about technology or support, please call Cati Porter at the above number or email
Thank you, and enjoy the workshop!
Address on file?
If no or not sure, please provide a mailing address
Would you like to be added to Inlandia's email list to learn about other events and workshops?
I'm already on it
Returning workshop participant?
I'm not sure
Please indicate your choice for workshop leader
Carlos Cortes. Every other Wednesday, 7 - 8 pm, beginning 1/13/21: In partnership with Riverside Public Library,
[FULL. NO LONGER TAKING REGISTRATIONS] Tim Hatch. Every other Wednesday, 6:30 - 8:30pm, beginning 1/13/21: In partnership with Ontario Public Library
Allyson Jeffredo. Every other Tuesday, 6-8 pm, beginning 1/19/21: In partnership with San Bernardino Public Library
[FULL. NO LONGER TAKING REGISTRATIONS.] James Ducat. Every other Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 pm, beginning 1/19/21 In partnership with U. of Redlands
Andrea Fingerson. Every other Saturday, 11 am - 1 pm, beginning 1/23/21: In partnership with Corona Public Library.
Mae Wagner. Every THURSDAY 10 am - 12 pm. Ongoing. In partnership with Joslyn Senior Center
New: Please tell us which most closely matches your skill level:
If you'd like to expand on your answer above, please do so here
Optional but appreciated: Demographic information for Inlandia's funders
Yes, I would like to support Inlandia’s Creative Writing Workshops Program:
Suggested Donation: $25 per 10 week session
Membership-level Donation: $75 (Includes annual Inlandia membership)
I am already a member but please accept my contribution
No, I cannot make a donation at this time, but appreciate the opportunities that this workshop offers
How did you hear about this workshop?
What genre(s) do you write in?
What do you hope to get out of this workshop?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Inlandia.