Request to Address the Board of Education
Patrons are able to address the board in the Public Comments section of the regular board meeting. Patrons wishing to address the board are asked to complete this form prior to 12:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
Patrons may also contact the Clerk of the Board (Deb Starling, 913.856.2004,
) prior to noon on the day of the meeting.
Though the board appreciates public comment, they ask that patrons first go through proper school channels to solve issues.
If addressing the board, please:
- Complete this information form NO LATER than 12:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting;
- When called upon, please approach the podium and use the microphone;
- Introduce yourself by stating your name and address;
- Speakers are limited to five (5) minutes, unless there are more than 12 speakers. If there are 13 or more speakers, the time limit for each will be three (3) minutes.
-Speakers are encouraged to refrain from using personal attacks and be professional, concise, and respectful;
- Topics regarding complaints related to personnel or student confidentiality should be submitted in writing to the superintendent;
- If using a prepared statement, please have copies for the clerk and the board.
Your First Name
Your Last Name
Your Relationship to the District
Parent of a currently enrolled student
Community member only (non-staff, no children currently enrolled)
Additional Information (Not Required)
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of USD 231 Gardner Edgerton Schools.